Do u think u clever

Have u ever checked ur I.Q …!!! @anon80629714

1 Like

I am average. But I think bipolar too. Some time works good and some time poor.

2 Likes

I had a neuropsych test that showed I have brain damage from psychosis.

I used to be quite sharp. Now I’m slow, slow, slow…

1 Like

A dusty turtle pops in, takes a look around then bolts for the nearest exit.

2 Likes

I used to manage a mainframe room at the local council when i was working - now i got no chance. My memory has gone to pot just for starters. I am definitely dumber from when i used to be, maybe its the drugs / illness or both - but im sure i would struggle to even do a cashiers job these days. Ive certainly got thicker. :frowning:

sometimes i’m smart and sometimes i’m dumb so i guess that makes me average

I was considered “bright” when I was young. I had a superior IQ. Now, my IQ is in the below average range. Sza made me dumb.

2 Likes

I’m intelligent enough except when it comes to working out the code to get out of that damned,giant paper bag .

On a more serious note- given the wide difference between my verbal and non-verbal abilities trying to accurately measure my full scale IQ would be a pointless exercise.

As https://www.smartkidswithld.org/first-steps/evaluating-your-child/understanding-iq-test-scores/ says

The Full Scale IQ is an averaging of these five scales, so it’s only meaningful if the scales are consistent. If a child is superior in verbal reasoning, but below average in visual spatial skills, the full scale number looks average. It’s akin to having an average body temperature because your hair is on fire while your feet are in a bucket of ice water

do you have dual diagnosis, or what is your point of being on a schizophrenic site>

1 Like

Whereas most people here have a sz or sz-a diagnosis this site is for anyone who has or is experiencing psychosis. That would include diagnoses such as bipolar,schizotypal,psychotic depression,paranoid personality disorder, delusional disorder,borderline personality disorder, ASD with psychosis.

This is best described as a “psychosis spectrum” forum.

1 Like

that’s a sad advertisement for psychiatry.

I don’t think you are dumb @SkinnyMe. You were an officer. You were a genius. You are still brighter than me now.

3 Likes

I was diagnosed SZA by psychiatrist. But mostly I am recovered from it with maintainenc medicine now. I joined this site for mostly to share my experience and benefits other if I can.

2 Likes

My I Quit (IQ) is way up there !

Before the diagnosis of Sz my IQ was average. Now I think my IQ is below average thanks for the medication.

I used to b clever when I wasn’t depressed b4 I completely developed sza

1 Like

From the tests that where done over the years I went down 36 points in iq from before Sza to now. Dr. Pdoc says it’s directly related to the disease.

1 Like

I took a test years ago that I think came out at 110 or more. I’m not sure it was the most accurate test. This was long after I got sick. But I read a lot more in those days. I was on meds with heavy sedation then too though.

So IDK what it would be now. I took some test a year or so ago that was just some weird thing that was just a few questions that I did slightly below average. But I was very sick. I can’t remember if this was when I had a terrible infection or if it was my blood glucose.

I never was into violence until my last episode, but the violence was directed towards windows and a wall. Now I can not imagine to do something like that anymore. But I rarely made smart things, I always wasted my money, did not cared about my clothes for a long time and not so much about my nutrition.

So I guess I am handsome most of the time but I am for sure not clever.

Why thank you @TheBest. My G.P. and my pdoc’s all say that I’m way brighter than I give myself credit for.

2 Likes