Do they really care?

Until my current pdoc, I’d never met one who seemed to give a ■■■■, or who listened to me, or who didn’t act like they were the authority, and I was just some meek little MI case who couldn’t contribute to her own health decisions, or some defiant, “difficult” patient who would never get better. I hated all of them.

Now, I know it’s possible for a pdoc to care. My pdoc is awesome. He tries to schedule me for the end of his work day so we don’t have to rush the appointment.

1 Like

Psychiatrists are there to prescribe, therapists are there to care. That’s why my clinic requires therapy as a supplement to a psychiatrist.

2 Likes

Thanks @Pandy and @rhizome

Although there are caring therapists out there my last therapist was the opposite of caring.

She was apathetic, cold and calculating.

And yes there are caring psychiatrists out there.

I have never met a doctor im fully pleased with.

2 Likes

My pdoc seems to care about me getting a job. I think she’s secretly praying for me to have a normal life.

2 Likes

Psychiatrists are so overswamped trying to keep up with patients that if they didnt keep your name on record they probably wouldnt remember who you were. Sad truth

3 Likes

I like your avatar @anon39015889. Looks cool

3 Likes

Thanks man its the African jungle :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wave, what does your avatar represent? If it represents anything?

1 Like

Can you please mail me first class tickets from Brussels to Johannesburg? I want to see SA!

2 Likes

Haha not Johannesburg though, will mail you one to cape town :sunglasses::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @Yellowdiamond @Jonathan2 @anon39015889 @Jake

@Jake the moon and sun avatar represents the spiritual side of me.
They are symbolic.

4 Likes

I was visually hallucinated a psychiatrist as a one eye monkey, when I entered the room.

2 Likes

I’ve had about 50 psychiatrists and really liked some. They’ll like you if you like them, they are human too, lol. I learned that in college class of psychology. I have had some that really did care but it’s bad when you know they don’t. My grandfather was a psychiatrist in the army and he cared.

2 Likes

Thanks @Aku and @Jinx

Its an true event if you believe in hallucinations.

1 Like

my pdoc seems to really care about me

2 Likes

That’s good @lekkerhondje
Mine does too

2 Likes

My psychiatrist really cares.
He even says that our session
can be for free if i don’t have enough money
and I can owe him

4 Likes

Thanks @lekkerhondje and @Om_Sadasiva