Do they not know people like me exist?

What the heck???

Okay. Extremely angry. Please hear me.

I went to a counseling session today, which was great. I had a really good session. But I was trying to access the washroom, and it was located on the second floor without an elevator.

And so do they not understand people like me??

I literally ruined my knees to go to the washroom. I almost fell. The legs were so stiff and they wouldn’t listen. This ruined my entire day. I seriously hated this. And somehow it’s my fault.

What the heck. So I don’t have basic rights???

I mean, why would they do that? What??

Urgh sorry for venting. I was so upset the entire fricken day. Oh my goodness.

They should have a handicapped accessible entrance. I thought it was illegal not to have handicapped ramps or elevators.

I know. They have rails but no elevators.

I was so angry. My mom was even more angry.
We were pissed off.

It must have been an old less expensive building. Remember that for next time. It was such a good session, don’t let that total inconvenience ruin it. That was your silver lining. That joy was your strength to get through. A restroom on the 2nd floor is dumb.
Have you done any permanent damage to your legs?

Possibly phone the mayor or govt head in your area to make a complaint. I’m pretty sure it’s not legal to have no accessibility.

2 Likes

It defintely is illegal to have public welfare buildings like that, but I’m not classified as disabled as of yet- my parents don’t want to register me (and I want to study abroad so I decided not to). So technically it wouldn’t work.

I just feel absolutely helpless.

1 Like

I have a genetic disorder called titinopathy (or muscular dystrophy).

My muscles just deteriorate as time goes on and it’s often really stiff. So stairs are seriously so horrible to me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.