Do the voices only get worse?

Im 21 and i feel like over the past year the voices have become more pronounced more intrusive more easily audible. Does it only get worse. Is this the start of my ultimate downhill spiral. Will it come to the point where i’ll hear them like anyone elses voice and can’t distinguish the 2? Im really scared. Im tired of thought voices flying in telling me how pathetic i am or worthless and how i should kill myself and showing me my past mistakes (its like i can’t even remember the good things in my life anymore). Ugh waiting in the ER doesn’t do me any good either.

1 Like

Will it come to the point where i’ll hear them like anyone elses voice and can’t distinguish the 2?

There are people here who have that issue, but I don’t know if it became worse or if it started out like that. And everybody’s different, so don’t read too much into it.

I thought mine would never go away, they were around intensley for a couple years then more intermittent for a couple years and then sporadic for a year and now hardly ever.

but i noticed as my voices and positive symptoms have faded. my negative symptoms (lack of motivation,avolition,flat affect, increased) I dont even remember really having very much negative symptoms in the first couple years

almost like my brain was in overdrive too long and now its dropped and is trying to recover.

Well I have been schizo for 3 years and one month and at its worst I was hearing that I was a princess and that was about it… It was never depressing. I’m sorry yours is negative. Today, I have been medicated correctly and to a bare minimum and I have an internal voice like anyone else and don’t hear voices or see things at all.