Do sch people can drive

Ditto. I have always had my license through six hospitalizations, two of which lasted greater than 9 months.

1 Like

Here in Massachusetts, driving is a privilege and not a right.

1 Like

I drive cars without issue. I’m also a licensed professional driver. Can drive heavy trucks up to, but not including semi units with trailers. I can shift an 18-speed manual without having to think about what I’m doing. Am also allowed to drive commercial passenger and school buses. Have a clean driving record. My doctor signs off on my physicals.

1 Like

I lied when the driving school in Japan asked me if I hear voices.

I’ve been hospitalized at least 25 times or more in my lifetime and not once did they ever entertain the idea of suspending or canceling my drivers license. And I most definitely should have had my license canceled. I was literally the worst driver in the U.S.

My driving finally got so bad that 6 years ago, I gave up my drivers license voluntarily and permanently.

1 Like

I learned to drive at a young age, Therefore, when I got schizophrenia, I did not need to learn much new about driving. Schizophrenia gave me some perceptual difficulties, however. Therefore I’m a careful driver.

2 Likes

I have to add here that all my hospitalizations, except for 2, were for MI.

1 Like

I was taking lessons just before i got really unwell and was diagnosed at 21 i think, it was 2001 my dad thought i would be out and sitting my test in no time :frowning: it wasn’t until 2014 that my ex let me drive her car on her insurance and i sat my test and passed in Dec 2016 (My Dad is very Proud) and i am abl to do loads more now, short journeys are best, long journeys are very difficult.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.