Do people with sz/sz-a lack common sense?

I’ve actually been very open about posting my less than average results on those non-verbal tests. If you had bothered to check you would have found that out.

The idea that I can’t have a learning disability(US terminology)because I post articles and participate here shows ignorance about such things.

I would trust the words of mental health professionals ,my family/step family, and other people I’ve known about my intelligence over you.

The truth is you’re coming over as very creepy with your desire to put me down. That is not acceptable behaviour on a forum geared towards help and support.

2 Likes

I feel I have great common sense.

I feel like it’s been one of my super powers

On paper I was very intelligent. Got straight A’s and walked into a prestigious university. My common sense is ■■■■■■■ awful

1 Like

We lack insight, which relates to common sense.
Where a normal person would realise there’s no such thing as people following us, someone with sz/sza could be dead set on believing they’re being followed.
Just an example.

I’ve seen manic people think things made total sense to them when they made no sense to anyone else.

I’ve always had an above average IQ, but I’ve lacked common sense.

1 Like

It seems that some people on this thread are hell bent on being nasty. There really is no excuse for such behaviour.