Do past friends piss you off?

Not at all.

My childhood best friend is a higher up in EA now. I’m happy for him.

You’re thinking in scarcity terms. Life isn’t a race if you don’t want it to be.

1 Like

oh bummer. I hoped that you are eating junk food because that a good reason to turn dumb. and that i will save you by telling you what to eat…

1 Like

All my friends from university back home are doing really well… I did 3 years couldn’t graduate… I’m happy for them though… maybe I was just not meant to do finance. Maybe what I’m doing now is what I was meant to do. You don’t know what can happen in life…

1 Like

I just can’t believe what happened to me. I ended up now staying in bed all day everyday 90% of my time.

1 Like

Good thing that I unfriended my best friend (cardiologist) and the neurosurgeon. They have no time for me anyway. I removed them during my 2nd psychosis.

Anything can happen though, you have to push yourself… there are days I don’t feel like doing anything too. Like yesterday I was on bed almost the entire day. I think maybe lowering the risperidone or changing to something else would help with motivation… Did you get to talk to you doc about med change?

2 Likes

He doesn’t want to change my meds anymore as I have no positive symptoms and if I change new and previous meds might not work again. He referred me to my family Dr, I won’t see a psychiatrist anymore. We tried lots of meds, Wellbutrin, Abilify, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Latuda and Risperdal.

1 Like

I should unfriend another close friend, he’s a computer programmer and doesn’t talk to me anymore. My brother told him that I have schizophrenia and then he stopped answering my calls. I called his house, spoke to his mother, she said he will call me back but he never did. He stopped responding to my texts too :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Life has been hard for you. And it has harshly affected you.

That doesn’t mean you won’t get better though. Do everything within your power to help yourself. Medicate and fight in every way possible stress and understand your own trigger psychology as much as you can.

You will get better, the chance is there

2 Likes

Or they might take a longer time to work again. Don’t feel discouraged… I hope you find a better doctor… trying to find one myself. And don’t compare yourself to others… like life is weird and unpredictable… focus on you and make the best of your life.

2 Likes

I understand why many of my friends are past friends. What is a friend for anyway? When I had the same potential as they did they took me more seriously. When I didn’t they faded away. Nobody likes to split a pizza with someone who can’t pay.

2 Likes

Yeah it is sad to see my schoolmates that were worse than me at school graduate in important universities and hold good jobs while I have only a middle school graduation because of mental illness. :cry:

3 Likes

I wish one of my past friends (not a big handful of them) would like check up on me like every month, even if it’s just to say how are you. And I say I’m OK but needing space etc. But maybe that is asking for too much. It probably is asking too much since I wasn’t close to anyone

1 Like

Exactly the same for me!

But still, I like the idea :blush:

1 Like

past friends don’t piss me off too much… i try to not look them up and see how well they are doing. I just look close around me and even then it’s hard sometimes to see how well my siblings are doing but i can be happy for them.

2 Likes

That is so sad, that happened to you. One of those studies says schizophrenics don’t have enough myelin around their nerves. I know when I worked in a lab, I was better in math than someone going on to Medical school. I didn’t know how smart I was and didn’t have any confidence. My stepfather was half Lebanese.

1 Like

Shite happens. Just gotta move on and play the cards you were dealt.

2 Likes

I have friends who understand, and friends and even family who don’t. I don’t really talk to the ones who don’t have compassion for me.

But I still follow some of them. It’s important to me to always remember who I could have been, and it helps me have compassion for others.

What really knocks me out of my self pity is when I find out about people with worse circumstances than I have. Then I just stick to my routine and take comfort in what I can.

1 Like

My past friends don’t piss me off. Even those who accomplished more than me.
They worked while I was sick, I cannot be so childish to think the world owes me something.

1 Like