Schizophrenia.com

Do old songs from pre sz make you depressed?

I am listening to my music that I listened many years before my sz. Its making me sad because I can remember my good life full of energy and I can’t have it anymore.

4 Likes

On the contrary, I like listening to songs from pre sz because I can try to bring back some of the normalcy/joy that it brings to my memory

4 Likes

I guess its just the first time listening to them again. Its shouldn’t affect me after.

I can see what you mean

1 Like

Yeah alot of music I use to listen to I no longer listen to some of it I still do but I have alot of songs with good memories on meds also

1 Like

Well, yes, but that’s because a lot of it sucked.

Tell me that didn’t make you want to cry as well.

1 Like

As a recovering addict I have to be careful. A lot of music from my teen years Is music me and my friends listened to while we partied. I can’t play most Pink Floyd music because it takes me back to when we were dropping acid. Just like I avoid people or places where drugs are being used, I try to avoid music that my tiny little brain associates with drugs or alcohol. No bars, no hanging out with stoners and no Dark Side of the Moon or Animals.

2 Likes

Def a good idea to avoid things that trigger compulsions to use. The music doesn’t bother me, but I can’t go to the types of places where I partied without wanting to party again. No more clubs for me.

2 Likes

i can listen most of the music i liked to listen to pre-sz… i’m glad for that. It brings back some memories but it doesn’t make me sad though…

1 Like

They used to make me suicidal many years ago. Not anymore.

1 Like

No, not really. A lot of music conjures up memories of a certain time, though. For example, if I hear Nirvana, I’m whisked back to middle school. If I hear Marilyn Manson, I think of my time in the state hospital when one particular album came out. But I get a sense of nostalgia, not depression or sadness. Maybe I’m lucky in that music doesn’t affect me negatively.

1 Like

Hmm.

My Psychological Puzzle Was Happening Many Years Before I Became Diagnosed.

And Even Though I Have Been Diagnosed, And Currently Take Prescribed Medications.

Not Much Has Changed From The Young Boy In My Heart. All The Way To These Letters Being Read Sitting Side By Side For Each And Everyone Of Your Eyes.

I Listen To Many Different Genre’s And Find So Much To Learn In Each.

Before, During, And Or After Is Meaningless To Me.

Once A Metaphorical Ghost, Always A Ghastly Ghost.

Metaphorical Or Ghastly. What’s The Difference Really (???).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.