Do I lack insight?

Honest opinions only

Probably. 15151515151515

If you had asked earlier I would have given an unqualified yes, but I think you are gaining insight. Don’t look at hospital staff and mental health workers as your enemy. If you don’t like what they’re doing, be assertive, not aggressive. I know from personal experience that you can’t outfight the whole mental health system.

im trying to be assertive but it aint working

That’s the problem with dealing with mental health workers. They have a routine they’re supposed to follow, and they rarely deviate from it. For the time being you don’t have much say in your treatment program. Show them that you are willing to follow their guidelines. If you do that in time they will give you more leeway about the things that concern you.

1 Like

What does your psychiatrist say?

she thinks i lack insight because i deny my diagnosis

1 Like

Do you live alone?

no, im 15 and not independent enough for that

1 Like

what does your family say?

they dont know much about this so they always say ask the psychiatrist or such

I think that’s an answer

1 Like

If you have this diagnosis - then yes, most likely you do lack insight.

But everyone is capable of developing insight. By learning. Read up on philosophy. Especially as it relates to social behaviour / communication / awareness / information. Metacognition is one starting point.

i dont have sz - just psychosis NOS

i think i have gained insight though

I found your post on reddit the other day lol it was the one on rrpsychosis

Insight can be an odd thing. It was said I lacked insight about my schizoaffective ,only for a new pdoc to switch me to personality disorder nos about 6 months later. That was in 2005.

Damn, I had the best damn lie, all ready and set to go. Now I can’t use it. Joking!

But seriously, from what I’ve observed (and correct me if I’m wrong) you are going back and forth on this issue. I think I’ve seen you deny you have psychosis, other times you accept it.
I’m not criticizing you but I’m not really sure where you stand. Maybe you honestly aren’t sure yourself where you stand on the issue.

I don’t really know if I have psychosis or not
Sure ive had delusions but i dont know if those count

I don’t know if you have it or not either. But your parents and your doctors see something is wrong. From what you tell us, you have some kind of mental illness. The doctors want to treat it but first they have to know what it is. I know it’s hard, but try to co-operate with them. Try to be honest with them and try to work with them. You don’t have to blindly believe everything they say i.e. if you have doubts or questions, than ask them. But try to trust them.

Why are they forcing me to take injections