1:30 pm dr appt
2:30 pm Walmart shopping
3:45 pm pick up kids
5:00 pm make supper
7:00 pm watch hockey
10:00 pm go to bed

Should I set times? Or more generic

4 Likes

Setting times is fine as long as you are aware that sometimes you’ll need to be flexible.

3 Likes

Yes for years I used them just to do a lot of little things. These days I have far more motivation so I still have my basic lists ie routines I do everyday. I wouldn’t get too pedantic of the times etc but just ticking off little jobs to do really did help me. It’s hard to start at first but if you get into a routine it’s a lot easier.

4 Likes

They usually do make everything more calming and in order. But sometimes I just feel like winging it. Not too much, just to change things up.

2 Likes

I got a some sort of routine. I can’t see my routine but maybe schooled people when i get observed find one.
When the dishes pile up or the garbage bin is full. Or the floors need vaccumcleaning etc. i do it frequently.

1 Like

Yes they help me.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Woweeee that sure would make the time go faster

1 Like

For me they work best when I don’t set times and don’t list trivial things.

2 Likes

Nope. I dont do them anyway. It helps best to do things in a time im feeling good enough, and then look what is most needed.

1 Like

I like to make lists, but adding times is a recipe for disaster for me. If I miss one time it throws the whole thing off and I give up.

2 Likes

I usually try to fit trivial chores in between bigger goals. I find it better to list things more in terms of roles:

patient/health

• make eye appt
  • read book about sleep issues
    work
  • email xxxx about project
    son
  • fix dads computer
  • deposit check
    husband
  • call about endo dr
    pet owner
  • trim nails
    car owner
  • get gas
  • install windshield wipers
    tenant/chores
  • laundry
  • vacuum
  • groceries

The idea is to do something that is fairly significant for each role, but preferably proactive things if there arent many fires to put out. This keeps you from getting caught up in trivial tasks.

Its good to distinguish between goals, tasks and projects. Goals are what you want, tasks are simple and short, projects are collections of tasks perhaps in a specific order. Each role should have goals attached to it.

My work role is pretty subdued right now, but at least I have a better understand and juggle my other roles now.

1 Like

I’ve got one I filled out, I use it occasionally when I need a little help with time management. They can help keep me on track, fill up my day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.