Do antipsychotics really make life easier for you?

I’m about t get the invega sustenna injection for schizophrenia and I was wondering if aps are the way to go some say they aren’t which is really debilitating for me I’m kinda scared

2 Likes

Worth it, the side effects don’t even compare to my episodes of psychosis. I’d rather have a little dry mouth and have to watch my weight a little closer than have these world shattering, confusing, grandeur filled hallucinations and thoughts of being the chosen one.

Medication has made my life much better

4 Likes

AP’s have made it so much easier for me to deal with my emotions in a healthy way.
They also keep me from going suicidal, and they keep the voices subdued.

3 Likes

Before 2015, my doctors questioned if I EVER had psychosis. A lot of them thought I was manipulating, lying, or even messing around with them because I thought they weren’t real and I had undifferentiated schizophrenia. Then in 2015, I had several Deja Vu experiences in the mental hospital. I had paranoia about the CIA during the time following me around (typical of paranoid schizophrenics), and my doctor gave me 10 mg of Adderall. I saw a woman in camo at the mental hospital and PTSD patients from war. I was suffering from severe paranoia and delusions. I thought I was going to die there because I was getting paranoid memories of past lives where I died in the mental hospital by a former patient/roommate. Not only that, but the hospital was bringing in drug addicts from the street to get extra money from the government. I was scared of them. They looked scary. A lot of them (most) were homeless.

I thought they were going to make me disappear. I thought one of the staff members took down a camera, the cameras were either duds or fakes, and the security too loose. Patients were coming in and out of the hospital at will and I was saying paranoid ■■■■ that now resembles MK-Ultra or worse. I guess those memories all came in at once like a flood gate was opened.

I started saying weird, paranoid ■■■■. I got threatened or overheard patients (I think) talking about me like they were going to take me out of the country and make me disappear. I thought it was a huge, grand conspiracy that all revolved around me.

I got paranoid because my mom’s car shifted accidentally by itself and I think I might have seen some UFOs around that time. I’m not sure. Instead of CIA, it could have been aliens though. I believe we live in a computer simulation.

I wrote in my journals about my paranoia and ■■■■. I have since destroyed them (soon after or around the time I was there). I believe I was getting severely paranoid past life memories and suffered from severe thought broadcasting and other stuff. A lot of this stuff resembled what people call Gangstalking. The meds were not working despite being on high doses. It was like water or sugar.

I died there a lot. I think it was 2015 and I died there thousands of times. I guess you can blame the grey aliens for sending me back at the mental hospital in different timelines.

To be honest, I think it was because something happened to me in college back in 2011. I also think I was in the SSP in Project Moon Shadow and possibly Monarch too. I was in Montauk Project too in a past life. All as a victim.

Yes, the medication eventually worked but the adderall must have been the culprit. I tried joining the military there in a past life and was killed in the shower by the patients there. It’s possible I have screened memories of the incident but it was the worse such experience in my entire life. The severe, disabling paranoia is gone but I still have residual paranoia.

I don’t know why I was targeted or so paranoid unless you think it’s paranormal or God doing it to me.

I honestly believe (now looking back) that it was because I was John Titor, the twice rigged election was coming up, and because what they did to me in college back in 2011. I had no memories of the incident until 2015/2016. I was completely mind wiped until then. The adderall they gave me or the soldiers there must have triggered severe ■■■■■■■ memories. I even thought I saw a clone.

The woman in camo made me freak out to the point where I almost did not go there. I think it’s because she said “I’m really getting tired of coming here” and looked right at me. At the time, I was reading in people’s conversations too much, believed I lived in the Matrix, and was in an infinite time loop.

It took 6 years to finally find a medication that worked and that was Vraylar. So yes, the medications do work. But it usually takes years to find the right meds and combos.

2 Likes

anti-psychotics really relax my brain and thought process

3 Likes

Have you taken APs orally yet?

Or is this injection going to be the first time?

1 Like

They help me keep my emotions under control. I don’t like certain side effects but my loved ones prefer I stay medicated lol.

Not really. My issues are more spiritual than physical. Meds aren’t the answer for me. I’m currently getting a shot of invega, but that’s mainly because I’m pressured into it due to circumstances.

2 Likes

I’ve only really ever taken injections in the past

They are very worth it. The psychosis is much worse than the side effects of the drugs.

2 Likes

Without my APs I lose my insight and wind up in the hospital. That would leave me unable to work, pay for mortgages, maintain my relationships with my wife, daughter, etc. A med-compliant life is less stressful and more enjoyable. Trying to go med-free invariably winds up as hell on Earth.

1 Like

Except for a few extra pounds, my life has made a complete 180 with medication.

1 Like

Well yes because my brain would be dying otherwise. From the voices.
They give me a chance to get my act together before I come off them (hopefully!!)

Definitely worth it for me. I actually love how the med I take (Vraylar) makes me feel. I don’t miss being in untreated psychosis.

The med’s are a fact for me. I know what happens when I don’t take them.

1 Like

I take zyprexa it also helps with anxiety

Yes. But not easy.

2 Likes

For emphasis, @77nick77 hits the nail on the head here. AP’s help, life is manageable, but still difficult. I still struggle, but am happier than I was.

2 Likes

i got on a really good med and it takes all of my symptoms away, helps me to recover, i’d be lost without them.

Without hesitation i can say that antipsychotics have made a great difference to my life. My mind stops whirring at a hundred miles per hour, i don’t have the same issues with voices, my paranoia lessens and i don’t experience too many catatonic states.

1 Like