Do antidepressants stop the constant flow of negative thoughts about myself?

I don’t want much, I just wanna stop treating myself like ■■■■. Do AD help with that?

I take anti depressants and they have helped moderately but I still have negative thoughts about myself. Perhaps I just have low self esteem IDK. But they have helped somewhat.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Low self Esteem is my biggest problem along with other negative thought problems

I don’t really know what the doc is gonna prescribe me maybe some anti-anxiety med or a AD. What ever it is I hope it gets the job done.

I can do fine with low self Esteem as long as I don’t hate my every thought

1 Like

Some anti depressants also work for anxiety. I hope you get a good medication and feel improvement soon.

1 Like

Yes I believe they do help with this. 50 mg Zoloft really helps this for me it’s what I take.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Antidepressants help me with negative thoughts tremendously. They’re still there once in a while but it’s nothing like what is was before. And if your dosage doesn’t help, try increasing it before quitting. It can take up to 6 weeks to see the changes on antidepressants

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. And what else do they help you with?

They keep me from being suicidal, irritable, sad, and hopeless. They enable me to find joy in life.

1 Like

I’m glad they working

1 Like

I do not know if medicines work. But I do know that if people really do not succeed in getting better, they have only another option. Pills. I always hope that people can find the strength in themselves to carry their cross just like Jesus Christ did. But in some cases that is not possible …

The meds help for sure, but unless you wanna be dependent on them forever you should try some type of therapy like CBT. It helps you deal with negative thoughts very well with or without meds

I wish it was that easy

1 Like

Oh I know it isnt. Still struggling with it myself and Im doing both those things lol

1 Like

be careful with AD because i was taking them before and they caused suicidal thoughts, i was on abilify and boom out of nowhere they were causing SEVERE depression for me after about a month. They are good for a quick fix and to keep one from self harm but long term, not the answer. Try to raise your serotonin naturally. All they do is raise serotonin and dopamine, serotonin being the most important for mental stability (including self-esteem which it sounds like you’re struggling with).

1 Like

yes they definitely helped me. To the people who say to do it naturally; If you have clinical depression then its not possible.

1 Like

i agree i think deep clinical depression is a more serious problem that requires more immediate attention. Its nice to say go workout, learn to cope with the tragedy that caused it, and make friends to raise your serotonin but how the heck can a person do that when theyre miserably depressed? Sometimes you need a push to get going…

1 Like

I have negative thoughts constantly. I think in worst case scenarios but I don’t consider myself depressed.

1 Like

You should do something about that as I’m doing. We all deserve to think good about ourself cause we’re 24/7/12 out of a year with ourself.

Drugs and alcohol are not a option for nobody,

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried 3 different ones and Zoloft got me where I needed to be, only a 100mg dose would work for me/low dose, was worth my buck.

Idk for some reason I have a belief about ADs that some work, semi work some don’t work, but finding like the right one of ADs can do wonders

1 Like