"Disorders", "Conditions", and "Syndromes"

All of the “Disorders”, “Conditions”, and “Syndromes” are sets of feelings and ways of thinking. That’s what they are. So there are no “illnesses”, just different ways of responding, thinking, feeling, functioning, etc. The more someone tells me I have “Schizophrenia”, the more I behave that way. And it’s ■■■■■■ UP.

Well schizophrenia is the name of the disorder, condition, syndrome
It’s mostly when someone says “you’re schizophrenic” that it’s annoying

1 Like

Brain Disorder is less stigmatized than Mental Illness?

2 Likes

I think that when you finally get diagnosed and figure out what’s “wrong”, you just start to notice the symptoms more clearly than before, because your mind has been opened to what you’ve been experiencing, but not understanding. It might seem like you’re suddenly more symptomatic than before your diagnosis, but my belief is that you are simply more aware of it and how it manifests for you.

7 Likes

Yeah, it sucks to know your diagnosis and accept it. Its hard to fight the low expectations.

1 Like

The worst part is knowing it and not being able to do a damn thing about it.
We’re hostages in our own minds

1 Like

I agree. The idea of a schizophrenic illness can be extraordinarily fatalistic.

1 Like

It’s a terrible disability.
I am educated experienced and knowledgeable about all types of things and I can’t go too far out of my comfort zone for fear that I will have a psychotic break. I constantly feel like I’m just holding on to my sanity and am afraid to go out and live my damn life

1 Like

What are you supposed to do?
Just sit inside and rot away waiting for a better treatment I guess.
You can’t drink you can’t handle stress you can’t smoke pot you can’t hold a job you can’t get laid because of the meds and if you can manage to find a partner you have shitty medicated sex which sucks.
I feel like my top is gonna blow off at any moment and I want to go downtown and listen to some live music but you feel like a freak all the time so what’s the point?

1 Like

Wait for a miracle :grin:

Better to have a brain condition than brain contusions.

Just sayin’.

:blush:

No retreat, no surrender.

That is Spartan Law.

(As I say day after day after day: Become your own cure.)

:blush:

2 Likes

Go listen to the music. You can always leave when you want.

No Retreat No Surrender
I like that expression @shutterbug
It also happens to be the title of a Tony Rebel song.
Great dancehall reggae singer

1 Like

Hey @twinklestars
Thanks it’s too late here now.
I spent a quiet night with my dog surfing Facebook and commenting on random pages.
Really down in the dumps over the holidays.
Didn’t drink tonight so that is good.
Will wake up tomorrow without a hangover and be able to get back to the gym

1 Like

I agree. In conventional medicine, we have this victim mentality. Usually, you go to a doctor and what happens? You got a problem and you go to the doctor with a list of symptoms/complaints. You give your list of complaints to the doctor. The doctor then proceeds to give you a diagnosis and the diagnosis is typically the name of a disease. And names of diseases have of evolved over the last hundred years. They’ve classified symptoms and then said “OK, this is what we’re gonna call this list of symptoms.” So if you have diabetes, typically it’s diagnosed by having high blood sugar, excess thirst, excess urination. So what they’ve done is they’ve clumped symptoms together and then given you a name for those symptoms and told you “you have this disease” and they’ve made you a victim.

Just THAT protocol right there takes you out of the driver seat - because once you’re a victim, now it’s not your fault. And I’m not talking about genetic disease. I’m not talking about being born with spina bifida. I’m not talking about someone who’s born with some type of dwarfism or congenital problem. I’m talking about the chronic degenerative diseases; the things like autoimmune disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease, stroke, etc.

So, it takes you out of the driver seat and it makes it not your fault and now you’re a victim. And what do victims need? They need help. And if the help doesn’t really solve your problem, is it help? So if we guise it as help and call it help, still not help. And this is the death of common sense. Thank God for Functional Medicine.

I think you mean Pseudo Medicine. You’re promoting quackery.

2 Likes

It’s so easy for you to sit in your chair and write something like that, when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Do some research on the issue before you contribute you dribble, otherwise, dont bother.

Nope. Like it just the way it is.

My doctors, who know about that sort of thing, call it dribble. Sticking with their opinions over some guy on the Net who posts kooky stuff, thanks.