Schizophrenia.com

Disheartened- My radio work

my radio station might close and it looks like my clubhouse wants to break away from the station at the same time the station are working on their website, the manager is dropping his newest Album soon and i am plodding on with my shows, i tried to ccreate a fundraiser through buymeacoffee.com but not one person bought me one :frowning: its disheartening and it seems no-one really cares about what i am trying to ddo :frowning: i feel a little bit confounded

4 Likes

sorry to hear your radio station will close =(
Not enough listeners?

1 Like

We have about 60,000 listeners but that’s not much over a year its about 5000 a month (if you do the math its not much) we didnt get the funding we would normally get bc of lockdown, its affect the whole music industry :frowning:

2 Likes

that sucks a lot =/
normally they used to get funding then? Weird that that stops cause of lock down.

2 Likes

yeah i think bc the whole industry has suffered our community radio station suffered too but there is a little hope as well.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I know you work hard at it

3 Likes

The website is starting to look good, i think they are making it look less like a professional radio station and more like a charity, they are featuring specific dj’s like myself and i may have my own page on there, it sounds cool anyway, I think they may have lost their license to broadcast on Fm as well :frowning: its a lot of money anyway and not as many people use FM now its all streamed mostly.

I wish i had some confidence to build my own radio website, my confidence has kind of crashed and idk what i am doing anymore, know one wants to help me with it though.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. I think building your own radio station would be really hard, but not impossible. Don’t give up yet. Keep exploring possible options first before you decide it can’t be done

3 Likes

thanks guys, another blow i had today was i didnt get funding for my radio shows :frowning: feel a bit gutted now, feels like everyone wants me to fail.

I tried working on my website tonight but it was very slow and laborious :frowning: :frowning: i didnt really get very far i dont think.

1 Like

Those numbers are so small I’m not sure I’d be worried about being associated with the station. Could be you’ll do better without them as a boat anchor.

1 Like

Idk what to do man :frowning: i dont think i am that good anyway,

1 Like

Keep creating and posting your shows. Suggest Mixcloud as they cover licensing for music. Quality content will attract an audience.

3 Likes

yeah we are already on mixcloud, i wanted them to go premium and monetize, hoping they do it soon and start following big names.

1 Like

Don’t give up. This is just a setback. Hang in there

3 Likes

I’d like to sell some cool merch but i cant even do the simplest things, i really need to dip into the youtube tutorials if i can, my sister gave me a boost tonight bc she was there and it really helped. Idk if i want to be a complete non-profit anymore, i would like to make a little income from it now bc it is a lot of effort and i feel under appreciated.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. I’m sure getting a paycheck will help you feel better

2 Likes

no-one even wants to buy me a coffee on buymeacoffee.com :frowning: it wasn’t even for me it was for my the show and the station :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t take it personally. People are short on money now. Lots of people are out of work

3 Likes

My wife is on my back about that. Maybe at some point. It just seems like… work. I think if I get merch I want the proceeds to go somewhere that matters to me. Literacy programs or hot lunches for kids at school.

3 Likes

id buy a squirrelFM tee just sayin

2 Likes