Discovered Kool-Aid again...that and kid cereals...haha

I was looking for a replacement to all the diet pop I drink and discovered a cheap way to keep drinks in the house is Kool-Aid drinks? we drink a lot of lemonade and blue raspberry lemonade, but I also like the other fruit flavors…Angie really likes the lemonades so we tend to drink that. Have you ever ate Count Chocula cereal? quite good…haha…

1 Like

I like kids cereal too, namely Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

1 Like

Sometimes I think about getting Lucky Charms :wink:

My son went through a Kool-Aid phase. Then we tried no name iced tea. I would buy lemons and add ice cubes to make it more authentic.

1 Like

I don’t know, for some reason the Kool-Aid thing never did much for me. It was always gritty.

I like iced tea a lot more.

Man I love all that sweet stuff ! But as a diabetic I have to stay far away! I used to love Kool Aide - Captain Crunch and Lucky Charms - now I stick to Almond milk, water, and oatmeal - the kind without the added sugar :smile: i know - very boring

1 Like

I just figured out that I will have $635 to live on in November. I can start saving money if I don’t spend it all at the grocery store…I would love to stock up on condiments, pickles, olives, steaks and such and such…

1 Like

Two liters of Diet Coke or Diet Dr.Pepper: $1.50. One container of Grape Crystal Light: makes SIX pitchers of drink. Two Liters per pitcher. Cost: $3.00.

1 Like

ALL sugary kids cereals tastes great!!

1 Like

I used to like Capn Crunch but these days I’m an old fuddy duddy and I like corn flakes. I don’t buy cereal often though as I don’t like paying so much for milk. It’s weird when a gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas.

Here’s what we replace soda with…

• 1 gallon water in an old glass pickle jar
  • 10 or 12 orange pekoe tea bags
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar or 12 packets sweetener

We sun brew the tea by leaving the glass jar in the window for 24 hours. The next day we remove the tea bags, add the lemon juice and sugar or sweetener (but not both at once). This gives you a nice, smooth, home brew iced tea. A lot cheaper to make than to buy an equivalent amount of soda. We buy lemon juice by the case at a Costco type store for about $1.50 bottle. Normal retail is up to $4 where we live.

This has really helped me cut down my 4 or 5 can per day soda habit to 1 or 2 cans per week. I make my iced tea with artificial sweetener. Haven’t been able to give that up yet.

10-96

1 Like

Oh, my daughter once begged me to get her Captain Crunch cereal. It actually broke her braces – she claimed it was like eating broken glass. Half a bowl was as far as she got before incurring a $250 orthodontic bill. We obviously tossed the rest.

10-96

1 Like

Sun tea is some of my favorite. We don’t have much sun right now… but this is a great summer drink.

I don’t check this board as often as I should - my husband LOVES him some kool-aid.Cracks me up to see him drinking it, but if he likes it, it is okay by me.

1 Like

Crystal light drinks upset my stomach. :wavy_dash:
Kool aid tastes better. :tropical_drink:

1 Like