Disconnected

Does anybody get those times where nothing bad is happening, but you just feel really disconnected from your body? like your mind is not connected to it and theres no real energy flowing? I swear that this body is not my vehicle. I guess I just feel the need for somebody to know what I am talking about…

2 Likes

When I was off meds sometimes I had visual hallucinations of myself. It was scary.

1 Like

I think this is dangerous thinking…I used to believe that I didn’t have a body and was actully just a laser on a dvd player in a computer. terrifying.

1 Like

That does sound scary. Ive never really had visual hallucinations that I know of and dont know if I could handle them. This is more of that empty feeling, like my brain and body arent on the same ball field.

1 Like

Maybe its dissociation?

2 Likes

One definition of sz is separation of mind and body.

2 Likes

I get dissociative episodes where my mind goes into a panic mode. There is this state of emergency inside me but nothing can be seen from the outside. I don’t show it. But my mind just… goes away, I have to keep reminding myself to stay grounded and focus on the task I’m doing… I just zone off and “lights are on but nobody’s home”. Threre is no link between my mind and body. These episodes are scary and give me anxiety. I can’t help it, I just go into this dissociative state and there’s nothing I can do to make it go away.

Maybe what you are experiencing is dissociation.
I wish I knew how to help it.

2 Likes

I heard sz means a split mind.

2 Likes

That possible, I wasnt thinking of that .

1 Like

Now thats interesting, I did not know that.

Thank you for the input, its definitely helpful :smiley:

1 Like

Grounding techniques like naming 3 things you see hear feel , put water on your Face.
was mentioned in an article.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.