Disbelief in my diagnosis, firstly by myself and then by others

**Welcome to the forum!
You sound like you are doing very well!
Your fiancee needs to educate himself about your illness.
Thee are so many good books out there. Maybe both of you could join a local support group together.

It’s hard these days to tell people and trust they will not say something negative about you or just in general. I didn’t believe really I was ill until I got put on fanapt. That med didn’t help at all. So I figured something was wrong I just didn’t know what.

Hi @accepting.

Welcome to the form.

Just realised this is an old post and I hope this reply reaches you.

I got diagnosed over 5 and a half years ago and I still find it somewhat difficult to accept the diagnosis. I have not had a psychotic episode since. Everyone questions it, including my family. It’s not an easy diagnosis to accept and I used to think about it all the time but now less and less.

Hello and sorry for the slow reply. Do you know any names of books i should look for? Thank you.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. It sounds similar. Are you on meds.

Yes. I take a low dose of Abilify

1 Like

How many years have you been getting migraines? How many migraines a month, approximately, may I ask?
Before I was in my mid 40’s, I used to get about 2 migraines every 3 or 4 months or so. And I did that pretty consistently for about 20 years. But, once I hit my mid 40’s, all of a sudden, I started getting migraines almost every day. About 2- 7 days a week, every week, pretty consistently. My pdoc is very aware that I get these migraines, but he has never stated that my symptoms are related to these chronic migraines. Probably because the sza symptoms started 23 years before the migraines became very frequent.
I have had a diagnosis of sza/bp type for the last 22 years now.