Dinner poll

• baked beans with hot dogs
  • pork carnitas burritos
  • bbq pulled pork sandwiches

0 voters

1 Like

I pass on all three options for dinner. I would just starve as a vegetarian.

1 Like

pulled pork is cooking right now. i didnt make it the day i made the poll because i slept till 7 pm so i just ate a bunch of cereal

1 Like

Oh man, that makes me hungry but my family gets mad everytime I eat. My brother told me I can live off my body fat for a year and not eat.

1 Like

It’s been years since I had bbq. Sounds good.

1 Like

You must not be muslim or jewish if you eat pork.

1 Like

I am Christian Orthodox, my parents too.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

My brother-in-law was raised muslin and my sister cooks kosher food.

1 Like

There’s a place called Muddy’s BBQ Pit , about 15 minutes away from me… everything’s good, but oh my God they’re pulled pork sandwich… ■■■■■■■ amazing

3 Likes

When I used to go out I had a few muslim friends. Also I lived in Syria until I was 11y.o. and had many muslim friends. Arabic Christians like me are a minority but they do exist, mostly in Syria and Lebanon.

There is more Christians in Lebanon than Syria though. Currently I only have 3 remaining friends, one morrocan muslim and two christian lebanese. But I only speak to one everyday, christian lebanese. Others only text me usually every 2-3 weeks.

2 Likes

My brother-in-law’s parents are Egyptian, but he was born in the USA and is a citizen. He asked for my permission to marry my sister with me being the oldest living male in my family. We write each other snail mail letters about once a week.

3 Likes

I had Egyptian friends before sz but none now. My brothers have very close Egyptian friends. They’re friendly with me and my brother used to let me hangout with his egyptian friend and him when my negative symptoms were better. We used to play soccer, watch movies at our house etc Now when I try to watch a movie with my brother and his friends I end up sleeping on the couch and then go upstairs to my room instead so I stopped trying.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. My brother-in-law and his parents are the only arabic people I know. I was friends with a jewish guy back in my 20’s when I lived in Upstate New York. I should add my brother-in-law’s brothers too. They are Naturalized US citizens.

1 Like

i probably could too but i still enjoy eating. it sucks they get mad at you for eating. my family used to get mad at me when i would eat everyones food on olanzapine. it was stressful being so hungry all the time felt like the binge eating was endless from the time i take my first bite of the day

4 Likes

There are two people I can think of that go to my psychiatric care provider that don’t eat pork for religious reasons. Back before Covid19 they would ask if the bbq was pork or not before they would eat it. My psychiatric care provider keeps kosher food on hand for this reason.

My care provider primary treats people who are Court-ordered into psychiatric treatment. I’m voluntary now and can leave if I want.

1 Like

dinner is served

6 Likes

Looks good. I wish I had some.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.