Difficulty with my walking

no, I can walk fine, it’s the way my arms swing when I walk that is what’s bugging me. I just don’t have the normal look of someone swinging their arms when they walk. I hope it’s not as noticeable as I think it is. It used to really annoy my mom and my family when I would walk this way…I haven’t paid attention to it since forever. what should I do?

4 Likes

maybe find a physical rehabilitation therapist?

if you walk fine then I wouldn’t worry about it at all… parents have a way to make their kids insecure about stupid things like that.

I have joint hypermobility which causes some of my joints to move strangely. It used to make my sister crazy and I’ve spent my life overly-aware of it as a result. I just try not to pay attention to it now; I don’t think anything can be done short of elective surgery. I wouldn’t worry about it if possible. Critical people have a way of causing others to be permanently self-conscious for no good reason. Not a single person in my lifetime has asked me what’s wrong with my elbows or knees–not even my husband; it was exclusively a problem for my sister.

1 Like

swinging arm is my habit too. sometimes, pocketing it helps. switching arms help too.

after a while, my swinging arm gets sore, so it can be a problem.

1 Like

I swing my arms, too. It drove my mom crazy. She told me I had gorilla arms :gorilla:

But I figure, it’s really not hurting anyone, and it feels natural to me, so what does it matter? If someone else doesn’t like it, that’s their problem!

3 Likes

The military taught me how to walk. 6 to the front 3 to the rear that’s the way we do it here.

1 Like

I swing my arms. Its nothing to worry about much. Im sure no one notices.

1 Like

thanks everyone. I don’t seem to notice it today. yesterday it was scaring the hell outta me. all in my mind I think.

2 Likes