Diet type for weight loss

For 6 months I only ate cous cous with frozen mixed vegetables with cumin and Tuna.

I lost about 15 kilos.

I ended up stopping it after a short time in hospital. They said I had gone too far with it, as I also got obsessed with cycling everywhere.

I don’t bother with it all now. I just check the percentages on packets of the food I eat for the nutritional info and try and eat in balance.

1 Like

I would love to hear what you have to say. I’m just looking to lose 28 pounds that I’ve gained from zyprexa a while back.

1 Like

What’s you’re diet look like, do you exercise or have any health concerns?

1 Like

I’m 5’8" and was 125 pounds before meds. Now I’m 165 (was down to 155 at one point, but the desire to binge took over and held me captive for a few months…). I’d like to get down to 135.

My diet isn’t very healthy. I crave sweets all the time. I love simple carbs and processed meats. I go back and forth regarding calorie counting because I had an ED before and calorie counting reminds me of the trauma of that yet it seems like such an effective way to lose weight.

I think I’ll have to get my mind more in order before I make any real progress with weight loss. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

5 8 and 135…ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

1 Like

Calorie counting is no way to live

1 Like
  1. you cant just diet for a while then go back to how you used to eat, you gotta permanently change how you eat and imo the best thing to do is
  2. count calories! if youre trying to lose weight find out how many you should consume to lose 1-2 lbs per week, and once you reach the weight you want, find out what your maintenance number is and go by it
1 Like

It’s about much more than that. Blood work, meds, what or if any type of exercise, if formerly exercised, stress level, how much yo sleep…cortisol is a big key! No two people are alike. Some people can handle lactose some can’t, etc

Might be too low a goal? xD

1 Like

Yuperoo! You want to be stable mentally so your body can’t be in starvation mode. Too much to handle. You’ll be unstable

1 Like

I was a hot mess at 125 lol. I think I was malnourished. :frowning: What do you think about aiming for 145-150?

1 Like

Honestly, it depends on your bone structure and muscle mass. That’s why BMI unless water submersion is pointless

1 Like

Yeah a 1200 calorie diet is excellent for losing weight. I was on that a few years ago and lost quite a bit of weight. Around 70 pounds. Sadly, I gained it back. I’m going to try that again.

1 Like

I do cardio twice a week and burn more than that in a session…so it depends on an individual. I never work out for more than an hour

1 Like

You’re right. Dieting with exercise go hand in hand in losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight.

1 Like

Unfortunately a lot of us have poor blood work that we’re not informed of, too.

I have a small frame and I’m pretty lazy but I try to walk at least an hour a day, half the time on an incline, so my lower body is somewhat muscular, I guess. Unfortunately, my upper body gets no attention lol.

There are so many players in the game that’s why a nutritionist is great. I try to help when I can. But I’m not face to face…

Before i started on antipsychotics I weighed 125. Now I weigh 160 and I’m happy. I was like almost borderline anorexic but not quite there. But I don’t mind gaining another 20 pounds to 180. And at 185 I’ll start controlling my weight gain and stabilize. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I used to see a nutritionist years ago. She recommended I cut out tortillas and bread from my diet. It was the healthiest I’ve been. I was around 5’10" and weighed 150 pounds. I used to do a lot of cardio. I’d go jogging for a few miles daily. I haven’t been that physically healthy since I’ve been on medication.