Didn’t want to share my recipe

For meatloaf with my friend. My friends love when I make meatloaf, but I worked hard on that recipe and want to keep it to myself. Does that make me a jerk?

5 Likes

Not at all. It’s ok to have the odd mysterious secret !

3 Likes

It’s pretty standard old lady culture to give out the recipe just a little bit wrong or missing the secret spice that makes it perfect to keep other people from making it as good as you do.

8 Likes

Lol. That’s actually funny that people do that

5 Likes

That’s so terrible ! :joy: But also brilliant !

4 Likes

I come from a German Baptist/Mennonite family. Food is serious business. :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Best potluck I ever attended was a Mennonite one. A lady actually gave me her peanut butter bar recipe!

4 Likes

It’s probably fine. You’re fine.

2 Likes

@ZmaGal i never give my real recipes because I can’t. I don’t measure, so I give general directions.

4 Likes

Meatloaf is meatloaf.

I’m sure you’re meatloaf is good, but…

4 Likes

No, she can get a recipe from the internet. Everything is on the internet these days.

2 Likes

Do what makes you comfortable.

3 Likes

She can’t get my recipe on the Internet. But yeah, she can find one there. There’s lots of them

2 Likes

:smile:

9 Likes

This is me, too. Drives Blake crazy because nothing ever comes out the same twice. :joy:

4 Likes

Hey do you know that @ThePickinSkunk can make sauerkraut? I looked up the recipe. I might make it. My great grandmother’s maiden name was Copenhaver. So I do have some German roots on my mother’s side.

2 Likes

I saw a Mennonite family in the store once. Best behaved children I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

We were just talking about Sauerkraut at our friend’s house. Apparently there are different ways of making it. Hope yours turns out well.

:yum:

4 Likes

be stingy with your meatloaf recipe if you want…must be special for you to guard it like that…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.