Didn’t have a great time at the Woodstock event

Because my friend kept insisting on getting alcohol. He kept buying more and more beer. He probably drank about 15 beers. He was being a belligerent fool

I made us leave at a point he was being too loud and stupid. And then I drove us to shake shack and he bought me the best milkshake I’ve ever had in my life.

So there was at least that. But the concert was cool. I missed Janis Joplin unfortunately but I saw Jefferson airplanes part and omg the female singer had the greatest voice in the world maybe. She freaking killed it. And she was more fit for Janis Joplin than Grace slick. But she did a great job singing white rabbit and somebody to love anyways.

6 Likes

Sorry your friend was acting belligerent but I’m glad you got to enjoy some of the concert and had a nice milkshake to top it off :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was so happy when they played this though

2 Likes

The cool thing was they talked a lot about the history of Woodstock and the bands between each act/song.

This was put on YouTube already. I left before it took place

1 Like

That’s awesome- Woodstock has so much history, not only with the music but also all the events going on during that time. Pretty important stuff happening. Those guys sound great too!

1 Like

Oh man! I’m so sorry you didn’t get to enjoy that! What a bummer!

1 Like

Janis Joplin is dead I thought.

1 Like

The Woodstock triple lp was the first one I bought.

2 Likes

Wait wat? Is this a joke, those people are dead.

It was a reenactment of Woodstock they played every band from Woodstock.

1 Like

Cool, sorry you didn’t have that good a time.

1 Like

Sorry dude, I had to cut friends like that out of my life for my own sobriety sake, hurts

Edit: spelling

2 Likes

I might have to limit my hanging out with him to weekdays since he doesn’t drink from Monday-Thursday night. But then is hammered from Thursday night until Monday morning. He’s on 600 mg of clozaril and 20 mg abilify and takes klonopin and it bothers me a lot. How many times do I have to tell him that drinking on meds is an awful idea. Well I’m gonna just not be around him drinking maybe he’ll change. Maybe he’ll choose alcohol though. But either way, gotta look out for myself first.

1 Like

He try to get you to drink with him?

Yeah he constantly does but I always say no I’m 251 days since I drank. He’s always like BUT U DONT EVEN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL, just drink one night!!! I say no and act pissed but he probably doesn’t even remember that he told me to drink. Ps he doesn’t Remember anything. Takes a whole ambien script in one night. He has no care about his cognition obviously

1 Like

Sounds like he’s trying to kill himself and bring you down with him. He’s an addict himself by the sound of it. Dangerous one too, by his mix of choice.

You’re a cool dude, you can do better than friends like that. A friend should lift you up and support your sobriety.

2 Likes

His excuse is “no one ever told me not to mix alcohol with meds”. I’ll say “well I’m telling you right now”. He’ll say “yeah but a doctor”.

And then I think about how he lies to everyone in his life about his drinking except me and his two siblings. He’s also obese.

I have a couple other friends but none in my city. I gotta find something to split my time towards . Thanks @Ooorgle

2 Likes

Any time dude, I know the struggle, ima SZA depressive with addiction issues. Being healthy is difficult

Hit me up if you ever need a chat

1 Like

Thanks god someone takes care of him. Why not you ? Seems you are made for this job.

1 Like

@Jonnybegood, was this in Bethel Woods NY?!
I would recommend watching the movie taking Woodstock

1 Like