Did you lose your deep thinking after your episode?

I still can’t seem to be able to think deeply. I have to make an effort and even when I absolutely try, it’s hard!

I’m able to visualize things better but I still have difficulties with abstract thinking.

And there’s the memory, it’s still gone. I’m still putting bits and pieces together. I have forgotten everything from school. My knowledge of medicine is also gone. I keep googling things that pop up. I used to know the whole body anatomy in Latin. Now I don’t remember anything!

I really don’t know if it’s this illness or if it’s the drugs?

Anyways, how was it for you? Did you experience these things??

4 Likes

I think deeply all the time, it’s exhausting. I get stuck ruminating for hours. My memory is also poor now. Recalling a memory is like recalling a dream. I’m not on meds, but I expect to be worse in a lot of ways once I am. The couple of times I was on them they wiped my brain of all thought. I’ll miss thinking deeply, however exhausted I am now.

4 Likes

I felt like i had an empty head for quite a while when i stopped hearing voices. It was unnerving.

3 Likes

I don’t know. I used to think about stuff in a way that was like philosopher. Useless thoughts at the end of the day.

Now I only seem to think about realistic and practical things for the most part.

4 Likes

This is what I’m talking about. But perhaps it’s a part of getting older??

1 Like

It’s very hard for me to think deeply. I think I’ve lost a lot of my cognition and memory to the point I can’t think through things anymore. It scares me

4 Likes

I didn’t lose logic or the ability to think after getting on the right meds. But I lost the obsessive and racing thoughts that used to plague me. It’s nice being able to relax without overanylising absolutely everything. So maybe a little cognitive decline but that is made up for with better quality thinking…for me at least.

2 Likes

The first set of ECT I had almost completely wiped out the English and history I’d been studying, only a month or so before,for A levels.Subsequent sets of ECT didn’t have that effect.

I don’t make a deliberate attempt to think deeply about things .It’s more a case of ‘If it happens it happens’ A natural, as opposed to a forced, process.

1 Like

I can never recall the exact details of what I go through during a psychotic break, therefore I can’t write down my memories even though everything is completely clear during the experience itself. My overall ability to remember complex things is very limited these days. I’m working on that though, maybe it’s reaching the subconsious level and in there somewhere in case I need it to help me through an episode.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing

For me it is the medication. It’s taken me 2 years on just 2.5mg abilify to start thinking a little deeper again… Real powerful medication

i stopped thinking after i became aware of thought broadcasting. then i started again but thinking can lead to voices. they comment thenbi get slammed with a piercing tone and talking. cant hide my panick then. cant think im fried.

@LittleMissSlothy

How was your episode? Mine was bad

1 Like

@LittleMissSlothy

2.5mg is not for schizophrenia surely?
Do you have it for something else like your eating disorder
What do you take for schizophrenia do you mind me asking?

1 Like

My episodes were both bad too. I’ve had 2 of them

1 Like

I am not actually diagnosed with schizophrenia.

I have psychosis NOS, rather.

Yes 2.5mg is a clinically sub therapeutic dose.

But the pdoc told me that there’s a real chance that it might actually be helping me so I’m not coming off at least not yet

1 Like

Right
I had a breakdown when i was 15
Never fully recovered
Had another breakdown at 32
Everything had snowballed
By that stage
In and out of hospitals
Became suicidal
Thinking definitely affected by illness
Struggle with terrible anxiety and paranoia
Thats basically it

1 Like

I’m glad you’re still alive and kicking after all of this. Sorry to hear about the paranoia.

1 Like

Thats so kind thankyou

:heartbeat::revolving_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

You’re very welcome :smiling_face:

Hope dentist went well!

Anyway don’t want to derail thread I better shut up