Did you have Christmas plays when you were a child

When I was a child, each Christmas (Joulu in Finnish) we had the Christmas play for all parents and other people, I remember also how our school days started with a common morning prayer, it was quite Christian then, but in a good way.

When I was in grade school, we put on Christmas plays, but I don’t remember any of them. I remember I was a turkey in a Thanksgiving play one year, and a pilgrim on another.

I remember wearing green tights and singing and dancing in many plays and musicals as a child. I went to a strange elementary school.

I played a condom at a school play once. Had a funny suit. There were christmas plays that I had parts in but I don’t remember any of them sadly…

My husband’s name is Jim.
He’s always gambiln’.
He calls our children only mine,
and he’s not so very kind.

That’s a bit from a song we wrote for a musical when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. Weird how I remember that to this day. Those years were incredibly creative. I am grateful to that art teacher who was responsible for giving us such experiences. I should look up her name, as I’ve forgotten it after all these years. I’m sure she’s long dead by now but it would be nice to remember her by name.

1 Like

It’s cool you remember all that. Must have been some good times.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.