Schizophrenia.com

Did you grow up with a smoker?

Did you grow up breathing second hand smoke if so do you think its affected your mental illness

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yes I did.

I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I lived for a few years with a smoker, my grandmother but I don’t think it affected my mental health. I think weed did.

2 Likes

Second hand smoke is a nuisance for those who don’t smoke, but I’m very skeptical about it being dangerous. Only trace amounts of tobacco are being inhaled by those around smokers.

Just because the government repeats something over and over doesn’t mean it is true.

3 Likes

There is proof

2 Likes

Show me the proof.

1 Like

Google

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Heart disease is the number one killer…costs our health care system a fortune. So why doesn’t the government demonize and condemn people who eat french fries and pie?

2 Likes

My father was a smoker before he died of stroke. Now I and my sister both smoke…

1 Like

I’m with you 100% on that.

But second hand smoke is real

1 Like

During the 1960s 70s and 80s everyone smoked.
It didn’t affect my mental illness.

I was a heavy smoker (2 packs a day) during my 20s and 30s I managed to quit cold turkey.

It is possible.

4 Likes

Back in the day everyone smoked and my parents had us kids rolling their smokes, wish i never started

2 Likes

Second hand smoke is a real problem. I was in the hospital with a lady who was diagnosed with severe emphysema who never smoked. Her mother and son did.

5 Likes

My mother-in-law has never smoked a day but had severe asthma because she grew up around smokers. Saying secondhand smoke isn’t a thing is straight conspiracy theory level ■■■■■■■■.

5 Likes

My dad is a smoker but I don’t mind it. He vapes e-cigarette.

2 Likes

Its really not though. If you’re in a room with other people smoking - its going to affect your lungs. Especially if they are part of your household and they smoke regularly.

4 Likes

Aside from all the stacks of research proving that those regularly exposed to it are at a much higher cancer risk (e.g. bar staff).

Good. They’re disgusting.

3 Likes

I smoke and love people (my fam).

As such I worry less about second hand smoke(maybe bc I do it outside) but what I worry about are the kids seeing a monkey do something.

And I obsess over sidestream smoke on my hands if (and I know it’s happened;) if I hold the baby in the family.

2 Likes