Schizophrenia.com

Did you go to clubs when young?

I went to brownies and guides :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been to a club in Texas they let you smoke inside it was allowed in the state of Texas there were also underground gambling halls in Texas even though gambling is illegal in Texas they had these underground gambling halls and I remember my friend would put ATMS in there and we would drive around to the different places

1 Like

Do you mean nightclub? I have been to a lot.

4 Likes

No. I meant like Cubs , brownies and girlguides. These are children’s clubs where we learn different things like crafts and such.

2 Likes

Plus in my day it was disco not clubs lol

1 Like

I was an “Indian Princess” very similar to Girl Scouts.

I’m sure they’ve done away with the name for PC reasons.

Anyway, we did crafts, went camping and hung out with our Dads.

It was a Father/Daughter thing.

I enjoyed it a lot and still have some of my ribbons and badges.

I was probably eight to eleven years old.

And like Aziz, I thought you meant nightclubs too.

Been to plenty of those also.

2 Likes

In church we had that, its like a minischool, my mother put us there when they went to church, it was in the church’s basement.

1 Like

Sounds sketchy.

1 Like

I forgot about scouts my brother went there. Sorry should have been more clear.

1 Like

I was a Cub Scout and joined Boy Scouts as a kid.

1 Like

I was in the scout for a few years.

1 Like

A universal Syrian Catholic experience lol

3 Likes

I tried to join brownies in kindergarten but they told my mom they didn’t want me there. I smelled bad. I was always so scared at home I would pee my pants and no one would clean me up.

I’m sorry that was cruel

2 Likes

I was in cubs, scouts and was a scout troop leader

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Pianogal

2 Likes

Yes it was. It broke my heart. I was so excited about it

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave 1515

1 Like

I was a Girl Scout growing up, and in a volunteer group. We would get together every week and do a service project for someone in the community. Tend elderly people’s yards, write christmas cards to people in nursing homes, babysit, put together care packages for troops, sort the food pantry items, etc.

3 Likes

I w as a Girl Scout. We did most of the stuff @ninjastar said, plus went on lots of trips and camping. Except tending yarda and stuff. We did food and clothing drives and visited nursing homes to read to the elderly or listen to their stories.

3 Likes