Did you ever have a cognitive assessment when you were first hospitalised or soon after?

I can recall having to count down from 100 in 7s and being given numbers and having to repeat them . A bit later I was tested on proverbs. I vaguely recall struggling with that.That was in 1975 and 1976. I’ve never had a full scale cognitive/IQ test as part of my psychiatric treatment.

I’m thinking things have probably moved on since then, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Yes shortly after my first hospitalization I had a cognitive assessment with a psychologist.

I had one done about 3 months ago after I started complaining about my memory

1 Like

No I went into the psychiatric system in 2016 and I have never been tested for cognitive things. They just ask me things like how my concentration is at the pdoc appointment

1 Like

I’ve had some cognitive tests done, similar to what you described @firemonkey . This was in 2010 or 2011.

1 Like

I had an IQ test in the middle of my first episode.

1 Like

Yup, full profile, I know exactly how I stand in each field. Still don’t know how much I trust it though

2 Likes

In the horrid psych hospital, the psychiatrist asked me to spell WORLD backwards.

2 Likes

I did a whole days worth of testing. Math, English, Writing, Memory, and knowledge.

I remember I knew the answer to who wrote Sherlock Holmes. I felt smart. Read that in high school. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

1 Like

I’m going tomorrow to have cognitive testing done.
It’s 4 hours long and depending on the results I may have another two 4 hour sessions.
I’m terrified to go. I feel sick about it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.