Did you ever have a CB radio?

My father bought me a small CB radio for my room in 1975 (age 11). I pretended (pretended) I was a secret spy; I listened to serious conversations from the police, firefighters and EMTs, as well as banter. My brother had one in his car, and kept in touch with the truckers just in case there was a smokey in the grass. And everyone had a handle (the precursor to the username). Funny, don’t remember my brother’s handle.

Did you ever have a CB radio?

3 Likes

I, uh, may own several.

(People throw them out, I find them and bring them home.)

3 Likes

I used to own a couple of CB’s at different times.
I remember interacting with this one female who I had a crush on.
Those were the good old days! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My brothers did. I just observed them. Girls never get to have as much fun as the boys

1 Like

That would be a negative good buddy. I wanted one though.

2 Likes

Over the years I have had a couple that people got rid of, never did anything with them though

2 Likes

My aunt used to have one in her truck. We used to mess with the truckers on there. Those were good times.

1 Like

My friend had one when we were teenagers. We used to harass the truckers. It was great

my dad had one, his handle was “sawbones” because he was in med school to become a doctor…I always thought they were annoying…“breaker 1 9 this is sawbones you got your ears on?” is the most banter I can remember my dad saying. haha

3 Likes

Darn it. Now I want to dust off that Cobra CB I scrounged, except that I keep finding the head units and never an antenna.

2 Likes

Yup! Dad was a trucker and I also would mess with the other truckers while playing in my dad’s truck and my dad probably didn’t like when I pushed and pulled every pretty colored knob in his truck so yesterday he told me to cut it out.

1 Like

Well, it’s kind of a bugger when someone dumps the air and engages the brakes while you’re driving, or dumps the airbags (suspension) when you’re not expecting it!

1 Like

My dad had one in his trans am. That would tell you how old it was. It was cool.

1 Like

We have ourselves a convoy!

1 Like

I had the TransAm, but never had a CB in it!

What’s a TransAm? Did it go to Fm? Once you change there is no going back.