Did illegal drug use preceed your sz, sza?

I mean medications have side effect, drugs can too…

No one is arguing against that.

no drugs here, not even weed

3 Likes

Pot and LSD expanded my mind. Until my mind got too large and imploded upon itself, I was cool…

3 Likes

Lsd I dunno if it expanded my mind. But it definitely expanded my psychosis. I don’t agree with the statement of expanding your mind with drugs. More like just changes perspective. Your perspective. Ketamine seems to be the only drug other than weed and maybe good molly that ever truly “worked” for me. In a good Way. But even illegally, definitely has drawbacks. For sure.

I have never done illegal drugs, not even marijuana. My SzA is genetic. My mom has it, my sister has it, and one of my brothers might also have it.

2 Likes

Props to you blossom. That must be hard to not smoke pot with all you hear in the media about it. Me personally with my med card and my moderation on it. Stuff works out well but It is probably not worth the risk anyways. For someone like u. I mean don’t get me wrong exploring all the different strains is fun but there’s other things in life. Like music :notes:

1 Like

It’s not so black and white. It’s genetics and environment.

That’s what I said tho.

1 Like

I’ve had serious problems with stress and depression in school, no drug use other then caffeine.

2 Likes

There’s a medication called ketamine. They have clinics for it. Hate to keep endorsing it. However it Is medical/totally legitimate ;). However it’s great for stress and depression. It’s a last resort med. as it should be for now. But maybe one day it’ll be an even more viable option. For someone with no addiction. If you asked the right doc they would just love to give it to ya. Hope insurance can cover tho

if I ever take up the ticket to work program I might ask to see about that. I got stressed when I worked at walmart but I just worked harder to get the jitters out. Well a knee injury later and I know thats not healthy.

1 Like

They give it in very low doses at the clinics but often. You may need some time off initially because they do it often but in low increments. Then they wean you to less but you’re not supposed to drive or anything the same day as a treatment so it can get precarious.

solvent abuse kind of wrecked my brain in my teens add cannabis …extacy tablets…alcohol…fear…depression …insomia …wrong friends…bad relationships…sza psychosis and GAD…mine was mostly self inflicted imo

1 Like

Fear is a hard, no difficult, drug. Or trigger for drug use.

Fear seems to me to be environmental mostly. Don’t beat urself up Pedro

Was a curse but you’re much better now :raised_hands:

I had lots of trauma growing up. I used drugs to medicate myself. But I only used for about two years and then I got myself clean. I’ve been drug free for 24 years.

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing piano gal. What’s your secret. What drugs. Opioids??! God bless ur amazing and beautiful soul

1 Like

Thanks @Jonnybegood . I used pot, cocaine, and opium. The final straw was my overdose at 19. I tried NA, but there were drug dealers at the location of the meeting so I didn’t go back. I tried AA, but I wasn’t an alcoholic. I weaned myself off it just like I did with cigarettes. For me, that was the best method.

I never wanted to be a drug addict mom and I knew I wanted kids someday. I wanted to be the best mom I could. And that required sobriety in my opinion. I used my last drug and cigarette on my 20th birthday. I’m 44.5 years old now

1 Like

Nope, psychosis hit me first, the drugs were used to self medicate my symptoms.

1 Like

Good for you. Yeah kids can shapen people up real quick in this regard. Not everyone is fortunate like that. Keep moving one day at a time ;). All ya can do.

1 Like