Did I tell you a holy man once tried to perform an exorcism on a kid when I was on the ward

He came in and started chanting and stuff at this poor kid. The staff had to intervene

1 Like

Should say the holy man wasn’t a patient. He came at visiting time

1 Like

A future patient no doubt :grinning:

5 Likes

Felt so bad for the kid. I think his religious family arranged the exorcist.

1 Like

That type of stuff is dangerous for severely mentally ill.

1 Like

Did the kid seemed possesed or restless before exorcism?

1 Like

Am pretty sure he had psychosis. The impression I got was he wasn’t happy about the holy man turning up - I reckon it was all his families doing

2 Likes

Maybe it was a kind of prank, i suppose as a joke…

1 Like

No was totally serious. About 6 staff set off the ward alarms

1 Like

What the heck?
I’m Catholic and my priest said psychological problems are not applicable for exorcism. A priest even told me to see a counselor regularly. What is this person thinking?

Oh also- this stuff has to be agreed by the ward to happen. A chaplain I met during my admission told me that he “wishes me all the best and come see me anytime”. Chaplains understand that this is a medical issue.

1 Like

Yeah this wasn’t pre agreed by the ward. The holy man made out like he was just a visitor then started the exorcism in the hallway. Tons of nurses came out of their office

Was this guy a priest? If he is not a priest he isn’t allowed to do stuff like this

1 Like

I don’t want to say what religion he belonged to. But was completely unsanctioned by the ward.

I see. Well that is not a good thing to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.