Did I say anything offensive?

My colleague was like I look like my mum to another colleague. I was saying yes I do but I’m my complexion is slightly different I’m lighter . But other than that we look the same. She got really offended and was like don’t say rhAt you don’t needs to say that :flushed: I mean I didn’t mean that offensively at all.

I wouldn’t worry about it. People forget quickly.

1 Like

You didnt day anything wrong. Your coworker is being waaaaay over dramatic.

3 Likes

But I dont understand what was offensive that she had to try stop me from saying it.

If she was offended, that is her problem not yours.

3 Likes

Think she took that as a racist remark but my intension wasn’t that at all.

2 Likes

But either way , I didn’t appreciate being told what I can and cannot say to someone else.

Some people are like that. You can’t please everyone. You didn’t do anything wrong.

2 Likes

Don’t let it bother you. As long as you know it was said in good intentions then that’s all that matters. If she looks for racism as innocent as that. Then SHE has the problem not you

2 Likes

So all of us three talking are Asians (Indians ) and I wasn’t even talking to her directly. Why she trying to shut me up is the annoying part.

1 Like

I don’t know where you live but in the United States we call them a b i t c h She’s probably a miserable person trying to spread misery. You don’t need that.

2 Likes

I sit next to her everyday all she do is complAin and I’m finding I’m starting to do the same. I think I’ll avoid breaks with her :tired_face:

2 Likes

Yes that’s a very good idea to not takes breaks with her. Sounds like someone who is very unhappy and making everybody unhappy.

1 Like

Sounds like someone being oversensitive about the “look lighter” remark.

1 Like

Why isn’t this under work and school? Tell her to shove off she hits you she’s gone

1 Like

It wasn’t meant to offend though I said clearly I didn’t mean that offensively one bit what’s wrong with people’s. All I was trying to say what i look like my mum but I got my dad’s complexion but she weirdly upset

1 Like

Sounds like she’s trying too hard to be PC.

2 Likes

Apologies I moved it

1 Like

Just hope she don’t go to HR :flushed:

Some people are just way too sensitive. She really just needs to relax.

2 Likes