Did I permanently damage myself?

So, uh long story short, over the weekend I went on a very rare alhocol binge.
Ever since then, I’ve been very caffeine sensitive and my bloodsugar (I’m type 2) has been very unstable.

Did I permanently damage myself somehow by drinking too much?
And don’t worry, I will NEVER drink in those proportions again.

Is it possible?

Probably not… I used to drink in colossal proportions and I always recovered

Extremely unlikely, I wouldn’t worry.

Keeps it Ups Homeskillet’s!.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

I don’t think you can get permanent damage from one time.

The alcohol combined with your diabetes could cause very serious problems. There was this girl at the assisted living center where I live who didn’t take care with her diabetes, and she had these huge, gaping diabetic ulcers on her legs. A guy who lives in our town lost both his legs to diabetes. I feel kind of hypocritical telling other people be careful with their sugar and alcohol because I consume a lot of sugar myself. I have quit the alcohol, though. I think it is a matter of habit, though. You can probably recover from an isolated binge, but if you do it too much you could regret it.

1 Like

@crimby, Makes a Good Point, Take Care of Yourself And Know When to Call it a Night!.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

1 Like

Why did you do that?

1 Like

I did that before being on antipsychotics because voices kept insulting me and telling me to kill myself. I thought drinking will stop all these voices but it didn’t so I stopped shortly after. Now I still have high liver enzymes and fatty liver disease probably from drinking until I passed out and vomitted.

1 Like

maybe do to glutamate rebound, i remember reading something about it but i dont know the exact words but it has something to do with alcohols effect on glutamate and gaba can cause a rebound effect after discontinuation (not just withdrawal but even after a binge) and caffeine effects the same things in a way that can cause more of the negative effects when the rebound occurs

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.