Did I just say that out loud?

I had a recurring issue in the mid 2000s when I was attempting to work, that when in social situations at the workplace I would have an odd thought and then have confusion as to whether I said it out loud or not. I thought I might have said it but was unsure so I would look around for others reactions as some indication that I did or did not say anything. At the time I would sometimes say things out loud if nobody was around, voicing thoughts without actually considering them first. It seemed to only happen when I was alone or a comfortable distance from others, but I think that habit combined with not being completely with it caused a lot of anxious and uncertain moments at work. I forgot all about that until today because I had a moment when I thought did I just say that out loud which was followed by that hasnt happened in a long time. It stopped happening long before I went on meds, actually it was upon leaving the office environment that I was in at the time that I stopped worrying I was saying odd things aloud

2 Likes

I get thoughts like that often. Sometimes i do say things out loud

2 Likes

Yep I think a few times I did say odd things out loud. But it was a worry I was having everyday

1 Like

Oh God…
That takes me back
I was in college and I was reading poetry to the class
Some girl asked me out while I was in front of the classroom
Being put in the spot light I blurted out ‘No because you are ugly’
I didn’t mean to say it, I guess I was trying to sound sarcastic and it came out insulting…
I dunno but the whole class was stone silent
Meh.
One of those stupid jerk things I did
I still have a hard time thinking about it :frowning:

2 Likes

I did that too to one girl as I didn’t find her attractive.

1 Like

I don’t think i said ugly but she was harrassing me and said is it because I am ugly. I said no but you don’t attract me.

1 Like

In the case of being in front of a class there is a kind of pressured speech that I am aware of especially if you are put on the spot so that is a little like the problem I was having where I would just blurt things out sometimes, but the difference is I was unsure that I said it, not just in disbelief that I said something inappropriate. But yeah its one of those did I just say that out loud moments

A girl asked me out in highschool “do you want to go out sometime” and without thinking I immediately said “I really don’t”. I just walked away.

1 Like