Did anybody try Ashwaghanda supplement?

Did anybody try Ashwaghanda supplement?

1 Like

Made my voices worse. That’s about it.

2 Likes

Here’s the side effects list from webmd.com

I can’t use it because it interacts with metformin.

Side Effects & Safety

Ashwagandha is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth short-term. The long-term safety of ashwagandha is not known. Large doses of ashwagandha might cause stomach upset, diarrhea, and vomiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not known whether it’s safe to apply ashwagandha directly to the skin.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy and breast-feeding : Do not use ashwagandha if you are pregnant. It is rated LIKELY UNSAFE during pregnancy. There is some evidence that ashwagandha might cause miscarriages. Not enough is known about the use of ashwagandha during breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Diabetes : Ashwagandha might lower blood sugar levels. This could interfere with medications used for diabetes and cause blood sugar levels to go to low. If you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugar closely.

High or low blood pressure : Ashwagandha might decrease blood pressure. This could cause blood pressure to go to low in people with low blood pressure; or interfere with medications used to treat high blood pressure. Ashwagandha should be used cautiously if you have low blood pressure or take medications for your blood pressure.

Stomach ulcers : Ashwagandha can irritate the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Don’t use ashwagandha if you have a stomach ulcer.

“Auto-immune diseases” such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other conditions : Ashwagandha might cause the immune system to become more active, and this could increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases. If you have one of these conditions, it’s best to avoid using ashwagandha.

Surgery : Ashwagandha may slow down the central nervous system. Healthcare providers worry that anesthesia and other medications during and after surgery might increase this effect. Stop taking ashwagandha at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

Thyroid disorders : Ashwagandha might increase thyroid hormone levels. Ashwagandha should be used cautiously or avoided if you have a thyroid condition or take thyroid hormone medications.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. It’s not for me I guess

1 Like

My pdoc told me that it would work against my AP’s. So, no, I don’t take it.

1 Like

I have never heard of it but I have bad luck with supplements

Honestly I tried it when my mother in law bought some like alot. It did little to nothing for me.

I’ve tried it, didn’t notice any benefit so stopped taking it. I don’t do supplements anymore.

Doesn’t do anything to me either.

Does it improve concentration?
I took some herbs for one of my exams once and it was like great coffee. Maybe it was this herb I think it had a long name

I took it for weight loss and did lose about 3 pounds on it, but I was also doing keto and exercising a lot.