Did anybody take a psychology class in college?

i did, psychology 101, i don’t remember much of it, as it’s been 17 years ago. but i remember to complete the class, each student had to participate in 2 studies. did anybody else have to do this?

4 Likes

Some might say having a mental illness is like a psychology class that never ends…

2 Likes

I took intro to psychology. It was very interesting.

1 Like

I took honors psychology in high school. Thats it. I took physical anthropology and intro chemistry at community college. Dont think i passed second semester psychology in high school. It is an interesting subject. I only remember two things from that class. The 7 up experiment and a study showed people dont want to hear sad stories or negative ones. They emphathize less. Thats it.

Lol.

I found a self study biology ebook on kindle for 15 dollars. Might buy it. I think its from harvard.

I have linus paulings chem ebook too. Havent read ■■■■.

Maybe i should be a doctor lol…

2 Likes
2 Likes

I did 5 courses of psychology in university as electives. One of them was 2 semesters 6 credits, others 3 credits. Did pretty good in them, one A+, 3 A- and one B+.

4 Likes

I participated in lots of psychology studies for bonus grades.

2 Likes

Hardest classes I ever took were mathematical logic and probability at UC. Got a P in probability and dropped out mid semester my senior year for logic. I had some great math professors there.

I think logic might have been harder than probability for sure. The probability was the hardest 3 unit class I ever took.

I think set theory is generally harder than logic though. I was going ‘insane’ at the time my senior year.

I cannot remember much in 2011, 2012. Honestly, it’s gotta be ■■■■■■■ aliens/illuminati ■■■■.

Oh well.

I think schizophrenia limits me and I don’t know if I would be able to be a doctor because of my condition and what I say and stuff. Blue collar/technician jobs might be better and then just self-study for personal gain.

3 Likes

two hardest classes at community college were: Modern American Literature and then multivariable calculus in that order. I guess they got harder classes like modern physics. That’s about it. I guess I was smart back then and didn’t struggle with a mental health problem like I do now…

3 Likes

Abstract algebra was pretty tough too. Got a 2.5 percent on a midterm and got a C in the class. I could have gotten a B or A if I studied for that test. I’m not a good multi-tasker.

2 Likes

Hardest course I took at university was Cell Biology, its an advanced course in the biology program, I had to ask permission from the professor to take it, he told me why do you want to take an advanced biology course made for biology students, you’re in physiotherapy and not biology lol I really don’t know why I took it, I wanted to copy my best friend who transferred to medschool from his biology program at the best Canadian university for biology and medicine.

That friend told me genetics biology course is actually harder lol He got an A+ in it, I am jealous of him. He visited me in mental hospital. He’s now a cardiologist.

3 Likes

I finished Cell Biology with a C- lol But the class average was only C lol

1 Like

Yeah, schizophrenia is the only thing I’ve ever passed.

1 Like

I sometimes pass gas

2 Likes

ether or bowel? I can’t pass doctors knockouts.

Ya. I’ve met people like that. I’ve met people who doubled or triple majored. Craziest story was this kid I met who did mechanical engineering, and was in an abstract algebra class…same thing with chemistry majors doing abstract algebra…group theory stuff.

I’m like they’re taking 5 stem classes at at time, and I’m struggling passing two at a time… I felt stupid and dumb there.

I bet some of these people are semi-famous or doing phd programs at MIT and Harvard and stuff…

I think if I would have stuck with the easy classes as an econ major, I would have done fine. I really wanted to learn advanced stuff since I was paying thousands of dollars for it. Didn’t want to coast through as a business major doing stuff I already learned at CC.

Intermediate microeconomics was hard too. I got a B+. Everyone does. If I didn’t fail the final, I would have got a A- in it.

It was more of an engineering course than an economics course. Used a lot of advanced math. Made me want to be an economist.

There were graduate students in my logic course. I did really well on the homework and stuff (not the discussion section though). So I was technically smart enough for the course, but ended up dropping out. Same thing with number theory. I could solve the hard problems but couldn’t understand the tests. It wasn’t just test anxiety. I think I was getting dyslexia, adhd, ocd, etc. all at once. Prodromal schizophrenia stuff. Plus cognitive decline. Felt like dementia man.

Now, the medicine helps. I even tried studying for P1 actuary exam study manual and did over 400 math problems mainly in probability, but was either too slow or forgot it all. It would take me like 5 times longer to do a problem than my friend and the tests are timed. I was on high dose of abilify though and schizophrenic. Actuarial field is ■■■■■■■ hard.

1 Like

Ya I was comparable or even smarter than my best friend despite being younger and less experienced. Now, he is more accomplished and smarter than me. I feel dumb and especially poor. He told me he made decent six figures as a software engineer.

My step-brother makes six figures as an engineer. Self taught too.

My step-brother is funny sometimes. We rarely talk but he’s been in that field since he was 13 years old and 20-30 years basically. He earned it.

Like I’m better at math than my step-father but my step-father is light years ahead of me in programming and engineering.

1 Like

I feel slower mentally on meds and bcz of sz but I was still above average after sz in math related courses like biomechanics 1&2 in my physiotherapy program.

1 Like

I took two courses and we did have to participate in studies. I went to a school known for its medical school.

(I never graduated)

3 Likes

I thought biophysics or biostats sounded cool…

1 Like