Did anybody here play sports in high school

I played soccer, but had social phobia. I was only about 20% out of 100% with how I played. Did anybody else play any sports in high school?

2 Likes

i played basketball and football. should have played soccer instead of football. i sandbagged, i could’ve scored more in basketball, but i was a pass first point guard. but i averaged 17 points a game my last 8 or so games when i realized my playing days were about to be over. i could have played both basketball and football at division 3 colleges, but they were expensive private colleges so i choose to go to big state, indiana university.

i started varsity 3 years in football and basketball. we were ok team in basketball, i played against 3 division 1 players while i was playing and scored on all 3 of them, but they were mostly all offense players, shooting guards.

2 Likes

Did track and field for a year. Just discus and shot-put. I sucked but the guys were really cool about showing me the techniques.

Before that I played hockey for two years. Was just okay at it. Was pretty good at penalty killing.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, before I had social phobia. My freshman year the coach put me on the varsity team for the state tournament. Then after that I got social phobia. I also played Jr. college. I walked on and made the team, but unfortunately I still had social phobia. So I wasn’t myself.

1 Like

I went out for soccer in 11 grade.
I was on the varsity team but unfortunately I was the worst player on the team.
I rarely got to play. The coach only put me in if we were winning by a 100-1 and there was two minutes left in the game.

Even then he kept an eye on me because he was worried I would fu*k up somehow and lose the game for us.

2 Likes

I played baseball and did cross country skiing. :fish::fish::fish:

2 Likes

4 years of football, 2 years of ultimate frisbee and 1 year of wrestling

2 Likes

I had a gym class, I was good at soccer.

2 Likes

I never played football but for one half of a season…the team was cruel to me physically to quit the team…played soccer in high school and was quite good at it…

I played badminton… wanted to play soccer

I didnt play sports in high school but I played baseball in junior high and grade school. Also played basketball in grade school.

Track, swim team, water polo.

I was a cheerleader but didn’t get along with the other cheerleaders in high school because I was jealous of them and shy. They picked on me and I let them.

I played cricket for the A grade team but only batted once and I got a first ball duck. After that I basically scored so it wasn’t the best experience.

1 Like

I played baseball, basketball, and volleyball in hs. Three teammates went on to play in division 1 college. One made pros, a pitcher for the WhiteSox. I had a chance of playing collegiately d3 but chose the wrong sport to focus on! I should’ve pursued baseball rather than basketball. One of a handful of regrets.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.