Diagnosed with schizophrenia new to forum

Hello, i just came here to get some help and support. i was diagnosed with schizophrenia 2 years ago and its been a bumpy ride. constantly switching meds and being hospitalized. right now im on fanapt, haldol, and depakote but im still having vivid hallucinations and sometimes i still don’t know whats a hallucination and whats not. I’d like to hear from other sufferers about theyre stories and what helped relieve the constant feeling of fear. I am constantly afraid that people and organizations are out to get me and that I’m going to end up dead. I see the real men in black and they are after me because of things I’d rather not discuss. SoI would just like to hear from others who have similar problems.

4 Likes

You’ll hear plenty. I’d like to suggest that you get a copy of this book and try to read a page or two a day (more if you can) to get a truly solid lowdown on what’s going on:

3 Likes

well medication has helped me and also a willingness to survive, an internal optimism that could never go, i have always prayed deeply to myself hoping that i will get better some day and i think that has helped me with my recovery, a genuine want to get better but you really need to be on good med(s) and you will have to keep taking them like i have.

welcome to the forum btw, sorry you have sz though but i hope we can help you here

1 Like

thanks @notmoses ill try to check that book out. and @asgoodasitgets one of my problems is that since ive been diagnosed i went on and off my meds because at times i get in denial about my illness but ive been taking them consistently now for months

3 Likes

Welcome mboston117. I hope you find this site and it’s forums helpful.

1 Like

thought i would say hi.
no one is out to get you…i have had those same feelings.
but unless you are secretly ’ barrack obama ’ ( meaning someone important )…i would not worry !?!
know someone cares :heart:
take care :alien:

4 Likes