Diagnosed schizophrenic this morning

I am in the air force and was diagnosed this morning with schizophrenia after a months worth of various tests from my doctors on base. While I’m glad to know what it is that’s been bothering me over the past year, I am scared of the future and what it will bring for me.

2 Likes

Were you discharged from air force?

1 Like

The Medical Evaluation Board process started today. I will be discharged when it ends, but the process will determine how much disability and what benefits I am entitled to.

3 Likes

Good luck with the process. I hope they look after you.

Check out www.pebforum.com. You can learn a lot there.

1 Like

Good luck with the discharge and welcome to the forum

1 Like

Keep on the medications they give you. Early intervention with appropriate medications leads to better outcomes.

Keep positive and learn to deal with your symptoms. It’s usually a juggling act between meds and symptoms but it’s something that you can achieve.

Good luck and welcome!

2 Likes

Good luck with the process and the discharge. You might want to be extra conscientious for a few weeks. I wish I had gotten a disability pension when I got out of the army, but I’m being taken care of pretty well now.

1 Like

I hope you have some help with advise for medical discharge. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you for what service you could give us. We are honored. And welcome to the forum.

As for any group efforts you might think you could benefit from, I highly recommend any single or mixed martial art. The companion and physicality and competitive nature can supplement what was once there as a Airman or any soldier. And I think any martial arts learned in the service can really teach the people in the school as well.

And again, thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I just want to let you know your diagnosis is not a death sentence. You’ll be ok!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.