Diagnosed bipolar but am I also Schitzophrenic? Reacuring "elevator music" in my head gets me thinking

Ok where to start. I was happy very social kid untill 17 or so. Was diagnosed bipolar,w hbp , PTSD w anxiety, blah blah … but just looked at it as I’m depressed I’m ok. Once in my mid 20s it amped up and became a little more intense.xanax was nice, even got a little buzz but gave me a appetite, focus and most of all tranquility. Lost this prescription when I moved back to indiana and followed up w poorly prescribed med( as I was told) i was rushed to ER w borderline stroke I think? Ok fwd fwd bc of this I chose to self medicate instead of random meds w who knows what side effects. . I’ve been on serequill and latuda @pm and buprophine in a.m for over a yr. but had a issue and trying to get back on it regularly. I hear a dull “elevator music” that I’m certain is not the product of a celling fan gyrating, or even a radio in another room. (I’m a audiophile) as some say. I’m There’s no words that I can pin point or certain Melody I recognize. Thatt got me thinking of certain times and of high stress I felt Like I was being plotted against. I look a little further into it and I see the symptoms that all hit close to home. slurred speech , impaired motor skills, disorganized and Memory problems. My memory is trash and I its becoming noticeable… But Ive Become more impulsive than I already was,absolutely no filter on most occasions past several months. I’ve been left questioning if I’m imagining more than I thought. Dr appointment soon as I can get in but just looking for any insight to those that managed to hang on till the end of this raaamble. I apologize

3 Likes

if the sz symptoms are not noticeable or last for a short amount of time there may be reason to believe you have an intermediate illness. heck, it may not even need to be diagnosed as schizoaffective, some people just have a touch of psychosis alongside bipolar. and remember your doctor knows best.

2 Likes

It’s ok to ramble - lol - but I can’t read the wall of text. :eyes:

6 Likes

I’m wondering if perhaps you might be a little manic right now. How’s your sleep hygiene? Have you been getting easily agitated? Anyway I would definitely bring the auditory hallucinations up with your pdoc the next time you meet. That needs to be addressed. Take care.

1 Like

Lol ya deff manic and been up for about 24 hrs already. Thought typing a short post would sidetrack my thoughts. So instead I posted a novel .

3 Likes

“Wrote a novel”

Lol. Happens to all of us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Google_Sheep - It’s ok to post novels - no need to apologize. We’re just concerned about your well being. Can you see a doctor now?

No and I’m ok just manic and stressed. I appreciate the concern and I’ll call them asap come morning.

2 Likes

@Google_Sheep ok - cool - please take care of yourself.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.