Devastated...blew my quit...starting all over

Yes, I bought not one but two packs of cigarettes today…so depressed…I hated the way they taste but I can’t bring myself to throw them away…just going to plow through them and hope I can stop again tomorrow…I don’t even have a reason why I did it…I don’t understand…? Why did I do it???

2 Likes

The hook runs deep with cigarettes. Sorry jukebox. You can quit again.

3 Likes

Don’t give up on quitting I heard it takes several tries. Thanks @discobot

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I had a 1/2 pk a day habit for a while.

A few months ago, I quit and I think its different for everyone.

My husband was cold turkey from 2 pks a day. Still smoke free.

I still sneak a smoke every other day or so and that just simply is,

If I don’t have that cigarette, I’ll think about smoking non-stop.

You have to quit/cut back your way,

Whatever gets you healthier.

Not encouraging you to smoke, just saying, don’t beat yourself up!

2 Likes

So sorry, @jukebox. I wish you would just throw them away, but, either way, please don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s the human condition.
You’re a Christian, so I’ll site a scripture and hope it doesn’t get flagged or anything:
Romans 7:19
For I do not the good that I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do-this I keep doing.
I feel this way about over-eating. It’s horrible to have a bad habit that you don’t even want and yet it just continues.
Take heart, @jukebox. All you can do is try again. So, try again. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

thanks everyone… @everhopeful thank you that helps to hear that.

@anon54386108 I guess I have to buy another box of nicotine gum…that’s the way I’ve always successfully quit…maybe you could get some too? At least you could break your cigarette a day habit…they are awful, I hate the way they taste and I am so afraid of cancer…tomorrow I’m starting a money jar. Never done that before.

1 Like

@Hedgehog thank you sweet hedgehog !! I am starting to feel better !! thank you for the scripture !! so true.

1 Like

My husband does the gum and its been a lifesaver for him.

Although he is very dependent on that now,

One step at a time I guess.

:smiley:

1 Like

Don’t ever give up @jukebox.
Try Try Again.

2 Likes

I chew tobacco but during one of my quits I taped up a pic of a fella who got disfigured from oral cancer surgery and that worked great for 4 months but my mind started to tell me that will never happen to me so I’m back at it.

Maybe get some sorta reminder or use my case and find a morbid photo to place where you will see it.

1 Like

It took me about fifty tries to quit smoking. Don’t get discouraged.

I used to love chewing Tobacco.
Once in a while I’ll get the urge, but I’ll never go back.

2 Likes

It’s very difficult to quit smoking, so I applaud you for trying.

Instead of solely focusing on the health risks of smoking, which I’m sure you already know, maybe a different approach would be beneficial. What are the things you would love to do with Angie that smoking may prevent? A long walk in the park? Mountain climbing? Riding a bicycle through a serene park?

Don’t get discouraged, for all this means is that you’re one step closer to achieving your dreams.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s a new day …

2 Likes

I’m trying too. I don’t want to die from smoking

1 Like

Addiction is a strange and quirky monster - cunning, baffling, and powerful. I have confidence you can quit in time.

It’s a hard thing to do matey! Hang in there and try again. It’s really common to relapse and most folk do it!

Don’t beat yourself up about it! It really is a highly addictive drug for most folk!

Addiction is hard you just have to keep trying.