Schizophrenia.com

Depression?

I get very bad depression sometimes, its worse now since i lost my job any tips?

1 Like

Antidepressants, of course. I take a big dose

1 Like

Have you had much luck elsewhere job wise yet? Can imagine it must be so hard to find something the way things are.

Assume by your name you’re in Ireland. Is there a lockdown there at the moment?

2 Likes

I’m suffering from a bit of depression right now. It’s not as bad as yesterday. I’m going to start taking vitamin d. Maybe it’s S.A.D.

4 Likes

I’m really sorry In a similar position myself … I’m not sure what to advise other than not to worry too much … and apply to as many as you can apply to. I’m guessing a lot of people have become redundant… i hope you ok financially.

2 Likes

yea i take vitamin d again too, my vitamin d was low in my blood.

dunno about tips… i gues try to keep yourself busy… like not to try to obsess too much over the things that are going bad but try to think about the things that are going good more…

2 Likes

Thanks guys for all the advice, i really appreciate it, no luck on the jobs front as yet, but i will keep trying!

1 Like

I take vitamin b complex plus an antidepressant. It helps me. It’s worth a try

2 Likes

Have you tried a mood lamp? :bird::bird::bird:

1 Like

take it easy as much as you can…have you ever tried the herbal remedy St Johns Wort…i thought it was good

1 Like

I have depression as well. I never was able to solve it.

1 Like

Lexapro helped me through the darkest days, now days are even darker and I started cymbalta

1 Like

Don’t mix that with antipsychotics, I heard bad stuff about it, it interacts badly with lots of meds. Ask a Dr and check on WebMD, it even interacts badly with birth control pills, Xanax, sedatives, antidepressants, pain meds, etc:

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-329/st-johns-wort

4 Likes

For the people who have depression, what do you think caused it?

2 Likes

In my case the winter, the darkness and a malfunctioning brain. Try an antidepressant in a high dose combined with vitamin B. I have a mood lamp, but it’s not working that much.

1 Like

Is the question for me? I don’t know I am not a Dr but I believe its more genetic and some environment/stress too.

Is your indoor light sufficient? If not you could get more brighter bulbs(The brightness is measured in lumens). You can also get your DNA tested for Antidepressants. This may work very well

1 Like

It’s for anyone. Thanks for the answer

2 Likes

I know I have depression. I just started an antidepressant. What helps me is trying to stay busy. Reading a book, going for a walk, playing video games, texting old friends. Anything to keep my mind off of the bad stuff.

It’s tough when you lose your job though. After I got out of the hospital I was low on cash and had no job. It really wore me down. Thankfully I got on social security and no longer have to worry. But being jobless caused a lot of panic attacks.

i’m not sure what caused it… i think it’s partly because of the sz… like being sick makes you depressed eventually.