Depression as negtive symptoms?

Do you also think that antidepressants are responsible for the mass shootings? :thinking:

1 Like

Probably not. But they could have contributed to some troubled behaviour you knowā€¦ me i went crazier on some of the meds that i triedā€¦ haldol, seroquel etcā€¦

Depression is the reason their were so many school shootings.

No. Itā€™s not. 151515151515

I take Risperdal injections and propranolol for anxiety too.

Anti depressants are not necessarily harmless. They can trigger mania in bipolar and schizoaffective people if they are not monitored by a good pdoc.

My antidepressants made me a suicidal wreck too. But they also made all of my hallucinations go insane.

I think that everyone reacts differently to antidepressants (and to different antidepressants). I take celexa 40mg and it works great for me. My antipsychotic made me have really bad mood swings (at least I think it was causing the mood swings). I went from really happy to suicidally depressed to really anxious for two weeks before I got my celexa raised to 40mg. That helped with the depression and anxiety.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a very rare side effect to some antidepressants (mainly ssris) called homicidal akathisia. It happens when people are unable to metabolize the medications, generally because their metabolic processes are not fully mature. It tends to happen in teens and young adults.

I had it on paxil and prozac when I was a teenager. It was very frightening. I was completely overcome with rage and visualizing killing people. They had to pull me off of those meds and place me on an older tricyclic med that worked just fine for me.

Iā€™m older now, and have been safely on Lexapro for a few years. Even if you have this reaction as a young person, chances are youā€™ll outgrow it. But if you do have it, alert your doctors immediately. It is a serious, life-threatening side effect.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.