Depression as negtive symptoms?

What do you do to fight it??

Antidepressants are a possibility

1 Like

Eat eggs. I think antidepressants are the scariest drugs on the planet. Some people say they saved their life. Everyone is different.

Antidepressants make my dression worse

Maybe try Electroncvulsionstherapy

2 Likes

How long have you been on them?

From the begining of ttt despite i dont have depression in the begining
My doc thinks antidepressent will improve my life i dont know why he gave me anti depressents

1 Like

Have you asked your doctor his specific reasons for putting you on them. And have you told him how you don’t want/like them?

I think it may reverse side effect of typical psych medication i take i dont know
I am going to tell him next time

1 Like

Depression is not a negative symptom. Your pdoc probably put you on an anti depressant because he or she thinks you are depressed. I would take it if I were you. I am on Celexa. That is a very good anti depressant for me.

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe do you know how depression is different from negative symptoms?

Depression is a different system. It’s related to serotonin rather than the dopamine associated with schizophrenia. It isn’t a negative symptom but it can make negatives worse for sure. I’m no expert on brain chemistry but that is a simple explanation for a complicated set of systems.

Often with schizophrenia you need to treat depression as well as most folk suffer from depression as well. I’d be talking to your doctor about some treatment options for sure!

4 Likes

There is nothing scary about anti depressants they are harmless

Listen to your doc. Find support groups. Schizophrenia can trigger depression and it needs treatment if hard enough.

There is significant overlap between negative symptoms and depression (especially anhedonia) however depression includes things like profound sadness, excessive guilt, hopelessness, suicidal thoughts and sleep problems. For treating depression antidepressants are the go to. I have had good results from sertraline.

1 Like

Depression is usually always associated with a very sad mood. Negative symptoms don’t have the sad mood.

2 Likes

Antidepressants are the reason there were so many school shootings. They are not harmless. They completely screwed up my mood. You probably take a not very powerful antidepressant. Well Butrin and Effexor made me completely psychotic and suicidal. Worst experience of my life. But I did take zoloft and it wasn’t that bad, I just hated the way I acted.

I really don’t think anti depressants were the reason for school shootings. It was probably the depression not the anti depressants.

I don’t know where you make these things up from

3 Likes

That article seems so stupid.

Atypical retired psychiatrist claiming how bad meds are.

Sorry don’t believe it

1 Like