Denying side effects

it’s annoying my case worker was asking me about side effects and I told her that the meds have slowed down my metabolism where I can’t eat much anymore or else I gain weight. I didn’t bother to go into the sexual side effects as I have those too. but then she totally blows it off, like im making it up. why do they even ask the question if there going to be prejudiced about my answer?

1 Like

That doesn’t sound very supportive. I’m sorry she treats you that way. Can you request a different case worker if you don’t think this one is working out? Just a thought.

2 Likes

she’s usually helpful it’s just she can be a little opinionated about things. I kind of don’t like her but im not going to go through the trouble of getting a new caseworker. I only see her once a month unless I have some sort of paperwork to sort through.

it’s no big deal, it just annoyed me when she disregarded what I told her like she was a medical doctor and not a caseworker.

1 Like

I’m sorry that happened to you. It’s very important to be heard and understood.

1 Like

Fire her !! Get a new one !! Simple

Sorry i didnt read it was a mission with paperwork.

Ive never had a case worker so i dont know

1 Like

In my experience, psychiatric nurses have no clue about the side effects of antipsychotics. Even psychiatrists are incapable of comprehending what it feels like to have certain side effects and how terrible they are, e.g., dystonia, akathisia,…, because they have never experienced these things. They can’t even begin to imagine the torture.

Luckily, It has been a long, long time since I have had anything to do with psychiatric nurses. It is ancient history now. And I will never be seeing a psychiatrist again unless there is a reason to.

The drs never say anything about side effects or negative symptoms

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.