Schizophrenia.com

Delusions of Grandeur: Why Can't the Psychiatrists Just Be Honest With Us?

We have delusions of grandeur because we never measured up in real life…we failed.

So our minds create this false world where we DID succeed and where we ARE famous.

Why don’t the Psychiatrists just man-up and tell us this?

3 Likes

Well, first of all, how would they know whether we failed? Some successful people by some standards get delusions too.

1 Like

Are they even trained to analyze? I think they are just trained in meds.

1 Like

The thing is metaphysically the grandeur feels so real. All those media synchronicities / messages make you feel like you’re influencing matters way outside of your grasp. But to actually make a difference in this world you need to dial the crazy down big time. Maybe fully. With good treatment.

2 Likes

You might find more theories here than a doctor or even therapist. They are only med managers from what ive seen, selling the falsity that all anybody has is chemical issues and thier meds supposudly can fix it. And, you wonder why many never get better.

2 Likes

I don’t like the Truman show feeling or feeling followed and everyone knows my story feeling.
It’s really tough

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with that. We were just sick.

I guess i was just referring to myself…to my own situation.

I apologize for lumping everyone else in with me.

1 Like

I don’t agree with that theory. Most people get sz before they have the opportunity to be successful.

1 Like