Delusions make me feel safe

I have some “unusual” beliefs that make me feel safe, giving a personal meaning to world, giving me purpose, making me special. My voices feed my delusions and vice versa.

4 Likes

Glad you recognise them as delusions.

I recognize them as unusual beliefs. People call them delusions, but they don’t understand

This is a great topic. I wonder what people will say.

I guess delusions that make me feel safe are the ones that make sense to me.

1 Like

Didn’t John nash say something like he go “disillusioned with his delusions” and he stopped paying them attention

1 Like

My delusions were similar, except they were not connected to most of my hallucinations.

It seems people’s delusions here are usually either paranoid, grandiose, religious or disorganized. All of mine were grandiose.

1 Like

Mine also make me feel safe! Sometimes they say nice things on a mirror, other times they say I’m going to be rich… I don’t believe it, although it’s easy to dream big :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m interested. What is an example of a delusion that makes you feel safe?

1 Like

That everything is figment of imagination.
I am not afraid anymore.
That I am the center of attention for all beings.
That I am the greatest Buddha of this era.
That everyone is an actor/fake being and I am the only real being (I had this since childhood) etc.

My beliefs tell me I cannot die and that I have powers to end the world. They make me feel strong.

1 Like

Yeah, delusions, or unusual beliefs, make us special, living in a fantasy world

İs it like pronoia? İ mean have you got false belief about someone or something ( karma, luck, etc) are protecting you?

1 Like

Yes, I have pronoia. God, Universe etc. have a special mission for me.
And they protect me.
That’s why I never get ill

1 Like

İ have similar problem. İ feel like someone is protecting me. This is worst delusion that i have i think. Because it makes me so vulnerable and lazy

2 Likes

Exactly. Lazy. I know that IT will help, so I don’t try anything. I am content.

1 Like

Ok good luck.i hope i can get over it. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I wish I had those delusions now they scare the crap out of me

1 Like

I think theres a purpose for my delusions like im meant to believe them for some divine reason. Maybe that’s another delusion. Its like a mirror inside a mirror inside mirrors. I get out of one it leads me to another.

1 Like

My initial delusions of this all encompassing universal personality protecting me was very very comforting yep.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.