Delusions about predicting the future with Sz

Continuing the discussion from How to deal with hardcore stalkers:

You know this really screws me up- when you dream about things before they actually happen. It’s the most bizzare thing in the world someone tell me that this isn’t real. I mean they’re just dreams right? I have no doubt in my mind that this is connected to schizophrenia but I’ve come up with a weird theory that it’s also part of the split mind using math to calculate the future which is derived from paranoia and apprehension. Since I’m really fond of studying math and programming. It’s no doubt not right- but I can’t help but thinking that while I’m ill it’s still possibly happening (this phenomena).

To explain what it feels like is like deja vu.

@SurprisedJ

You have the same problem right? How do you deal with it? What do you think about it. It’s really bizzare and weird like advanced deja vu.

Man, I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach like apprehension. How can you dream about something before it happens?

I’ve also had dreams about suicide too. And intense shame and jealousy. And it was the most troubling thing in the world.

God I think I’m just getting too involved here. I’m in way over my head.

Let’s just call it dedication, I guess ha.

I have dreams in Spanish and German when I’m studying foreign language. But this is way too far out there.

I just thought I’d share.

I don’t know how therapists do this for a living.

Happy Thanksgiving.

=)

Well I guess I’m a goner… I’m gonna go be retarded somewhere else now.

Hey… Dreaming sucks big time. Try to forget about it as soon as you wake up…don’t dwell on it…won’t lead you anywhere…
That’s what I do.

1 Like

Can you see the connection here?

You might want to look into some of this stuff:

People with OCPD also tend to be highly intellectual and very much attracted to mathematics, physics, hard sciences and digital endeavors. They tend to make excellent code writers.

OCPD is usually treatable with the following psychotherapies:

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/
DBT – What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)? – Behavioral Tech
MBSR – http://www.mindfullivingprograms.com/whatMBSR.php
MBCT - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22340145
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

1 Like

You are not retarded :imp:
As the matter of fact you are very intelligent…just seems like you have a really hard time.

1 Like

Wow thanks a lot this helps a lot.

Hah hopefully I don’t start babbling about aliens anytime soon.

Please .

Please Do ,

e(Y)e Could Use Something Outside of My Own Bodie and My Pup to Be Happi About , All During Thus Murdering of Innocent Creatures Holidai …

Well, you summed it up perfect in the title of this thread, right? The key word is “delusions”. I’ve heard other people besides people with schizophrenia claim that their dreams predict the future. The concept is nothing new; it’s been around for centuries. I would like to see scientific proof. I classify it under other unproven phenomena like psychics, ESP, telekenisis, mind reading, fortune telling, palm reading etc. It’s stuff people swear by but offer no good proof. It’s good parlor tricks but doesn’t stand up to professional, scientific examination. I probably won’t change anybodies mind but this is something to think about.

1 Like

Sometimes a dream is too real and too detailed that it makes me think I’m having one of those prophetic dreams.

When things happen and I feel that out of body deja vu I do get a bit freaked out. Sometimes I just ride it out…

other times I might obsess on ways to not make the dreams come true… like go a different way to work… or buy something different… do something different in my day so that the dream doesn’t come true.

Also… if the prediction is too vague… I have to let it go… other wise every little thing will make me think it’s part of what I was predicting. The worst was “something bad might happen to someone I know”

Stuff like that will snag me all the time… but when specific stuff comes true… I just have to hold on and ride it out.

Good luck and peace :v:

1 Like