Schizophrenia.com

Delusion: thought I was hired by Grinding Gear Games

This happened during my last relapse. I somehow by playing the game started to feel hypnotized and started adding people from a chat. I thought that global chat was somehow private to me and was interviewing me. I stayed all night up chatting and going for a smoke. In the morning i told my mom that i have been employed as game tester and game perfomance tester. I was truly happy, I even posted it on facebook. How dumb was I to realize in the hospital thag it was all fake. I hate delusions, why they look so real?

4 Likes

I thought I was getting married twice

1 Like

For my first couple years of the illness I was waiting for a certain actress to show up and acknowledge that we’d been talking telepathically and then agree to marry me.

2 Likes

I worked as a video games tester for VR Oculus last year (Quest and Rift), lasted a month before I rage quit. But it was the easiest job and the job that I lasted the most at after having psychosis. I just had to detect bugs and write a report with screenshots or videos including steps to reproduce the bug and type of bug.

1 Like

Sometimes we had to upload logs by connecting the Quest to a PC using command prompt.

2 Likes

Oh man that’s so cool. I’ve never tried vr gaming yet.

1 Like

Some ppl can’t use it, they get dizzy and vertigo.

Yeah my bro said if you use it for a while reality seems weird. Things seem blurred and depth perception is altered.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.