Degrees/school/courses for someone with schizophrenia

Right now I’m at home on disability and I’m trying to go back to school to find a career. My dream has been to be a social worker but I can’t handle the stress of six years of college raising a child and being in a relationship or the career field once I graduate. I was thinking of taking a Cosmetology course but I don’t really want to cut and braid hair all day my hands will hurt then there’s the drama of working with women all day catfights etc. I don’t want that. But I don’t want something boring either. Really I’m looking for a career that I can handle with this illness. That pays well. That has nothing to do with math lol. Quick and easy degree or Certificate. What do you guys do? What would you guys go to school for? Help me out. What are some good careers for someone with a mental illness?

2 Likes

I’m about ready to try e-commerce, particularly drop shipping. People regularly make high five figures / low 6 figures with it, by investing maybe 8 hours a day to begin with, then once the business has taken shape, dialling the time spent to maybe 2-3 hours a day, sometimes just 1 hour a day.

You need a budget of $500 to begin testing products with, about $40 to cover a Shopify subscription (monthly), and $5-$10 to hire someone to design a logo for you store. Also need instructional materials.

I made it through aircraft mechanic school fairly easily. The certification through the FAA was tough though. Lots of studying. But it doesn’t start out paying very well.

I make more money on disability than I made as an aircraft mechanic so there isn’t much incentive to go back to work in that field because I am well qualified for higher paying jobs but they are harder to find.

I don’t think anything pays well unless you’re willing to put some hard work into it. There is no easy way or shortcuts. How much do you want to make? Construction pays well like 20 an hour but that’s in California. It’s expensive here. Look into manufacturing jobs I guess. No skills required.

To just make it in California you need to make like 30 an hour. I thinks that’s being single too. Rent here is high over 1k a month for a single room. Even the ghettos are getting expensive.

I am trying to be an engineer someday. 80-90k a year is mid career salary and that’s middle class. Taxes are very high and the pollution makes the air stink. I hope to move somewhere cheaper like Texas someday.

Accounting is good I guess. Have you looked into that. It is mostly algebra.

I would recommend you look into AZ. It’s not too far from CA and everything is low priced.

1 Like

What about Nevada?

I don’t know about Nevada. I’m sure it’s cheaper than CA.

1 Like

Look into business major, it, or something. They also got fluff majors–basically anything ending in studies. A lot of jobs even manager jobs require a ba.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.