Debian Linux

I have set up a radio station on my nano pi. It broadcasts some songs I have on my lan. It is using debian linux, and using ympd+mpd+darkice+icecast. however my visitors.php mysql log i set up is recording people coming and going to and from my virtual world. I spend most of my time on osgrid. A virtual 3d world where I can be anything like an elf prince or a wizard or a rockstar. Chatting with people all over the world. Designing things in 3d. However my stream plays on my simulator i run on another computer. This way i can be submerged in unreality and listen to cool music all the time. I suggest you try it, or else… don’t.

6 Likes

I like OpenSuse linux.

2 Likes

Im using ubuntu linux. I never used linux till this year. Its a lot lighter than windows os

1 Like

Cool stuff. ✼ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ✼

1 Like

I use Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS that came pre-installed on my Dell XPS 13 9300. Ubuntu 22.04 is going to be released in 2 months and so I might delve into the newer release.

The Clementine Music Player for Linux can edit Artist, Title and Album for mp3 files whereas any music player using Windows cannot. I need to see the Artist & Title on the Head Unit in my car.

3 Likes

Curious to know what you’re using to run your station. Rivendell?

I use arch and gentoo

2 Likes

Check out elementary.io when you get a chance. It’s a lot like MacOS but built on Ubuntu

1 Like

Debian documentation is rather lacking. I struggle to understand half of the networking tools, nevermind hardening them and exposing services.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.